Ladies!!! Who's been to the Essence Festival!

Options
Kalebsmommy424
Kalebsmommy424 Posts: 110 Member
Hey Ladies Me and a group of my lovely ladies are planning a trip to the Essence Festival in New Orleans July 2013. I would love to speak to some of you whose gone to/lives close to New Orleans... any secrets..whats hotels are best(we dont want to rent a car we'd like to be walking distance everywhere..will take a cab if we have too)..Hows the concerts..any info you have would be grand! I hope to have lost another 60lbs by then.. Also feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like!

Replies

• Kalebsmommy424
    Options
    bump!! c'mon ladies nobody has been or is from the area?
  • shellbee823
    shellbee823 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey lady! I have been but it was over 10 yrs ago. My honey and I are going to be there next year (2013). I would like to be at my goal weight by then minus 60ish lbs. WE should connect to keep each other motivated!
  • ElleBee615
    ElleBee615 Posts: 177
    Options
    Hey girlie! I'm from the area and I've been a longgggggg time ago. But yeah, if you get a hotel downtown by the Superdome...you will be in walking distance of all the festivities and Bourbon St., so you won't need a car.

I'll have to see about which hotels would be the best. I'll just message you. Oh and I might go next year too!! :D
  • Kalebsmommy424
    Options
    Hey ladies thank you for replying! Yes I would love to definitely keep in touch and meet up with you all there..Im in the planning stages now called a few hotels..the told me to call them back the day after it ends this year and book the rooms and thats what I plan to do...hopefully I will be 100lbs lighter by then..baby steps for now tho!!
  • shellbee823
    shellbee823 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    we were lookinng to stay someplace close to burbon street walking distance or renting a house with a big group of friends.

i would love to lose about 70 lbs by then. If i do! no one will be able to tell me NUTHIN!!