30's Daily 6/7

Options
susieq101178
susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
Welcome to our daily thread!

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

[Anyone can start the daily thread, just make the new subject and copy and paste the intro. Thanks in advance for your help.]

☞ Name/nickname reminders -
Paul (PJYoung2012)
Carrie (camsmommy2008)
Sara Grace (SaraGrace82)
Susan or Susie (susieq101178)
Erica (epa422)
Debbie (shorty313)
Melissa (lissa0040)
Jackie (jaxygirl)
Sonya (sonyachan)
Ellie (ellie78)
CurlyPep (lilpe5512)
Harold (hcdawg)
Jill (Blueyz82)
Dan (G3tR1pp3d)
Stacy (chanstriste13)
Cristi (blueeyedcrist)
Amanda (AmandaK3)
Bishop or Todd(BishopSmurf)
Kelli (daisy51981)
Sarah (SarLem81)
Clare (clareeast)
Amanda (WhiteCloud)
Emma (elstein)
Cynthia (saihtnyc)

Replies

• susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Legs feeling so much better today after running last night. Still sore, but not crippling. :tongue:

Feeling a little anxious today - I have a call regarding a J-O-B opportunity . . . I is skeeeeered! :frown:
  • neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Good luck on the job stuff, Susan! I could use a little of that over this way, as well - apparently colleges/universities aren't hiring a lot of biology/psych profs these days, at least not for full-time, salaried positions... :grumble:

I finally hauled my bike out for a ride on Tuesday. We have a great prairie path near my house; riding there, around the loop, and back to my house is about 7.75 miles, with a few hills (at least they're "hills" according to Chicago standards, lol...but I do have to shift down, stand & pedal to climb a couple of them). Anyway, I expected my legs to be sore yesterday but they weren't at all - I guess all the squats and lunges I've been doing are paying off! I'm thinking about going again today, but I also need to do some lifting, since I took a rest day yesterday due to a monster headache. I'm sure I can do both, but I'd prefer to lift first, and I'd rather not ride in the blazing sun this afternoon - sun/heat and I don't get along very well - so we'll see how long it takes me to finish my morning coffee and some chores I need to get out of the way :bigsmile:
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    back in the game after a two week hiatus. i have got to keep my game face on - i'm being such a pansy! somebody punch me in the face! but nicely.

sending lucky vibes your way on the job, susie. you and me both. interview season is starting up in our school system, and i *really* hope that this is the year i get a teaching job! sheesh!

happy thursday, everyone!
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Stacy - I'm trying to get in to teaching too, but so far no luck :(

Susan - knock 'em dead!

So I swear (though it might be my imagination) that the pants I'm wearing today are just a smidge looser than they were 2 weeks ago. :smile: Could be wishful thinking though.

My mystery lb from last week appears to be gone, but I don't know if I'll show any net loss tomorrow at official weigh in.

Has anyone worn their HRM for a day? I'm doing that as an experiment today to see how many cals I burn. I know it's not entirely accurate, but I want to see if all the calculators are in the same ballpark. Right now I'm at about 1100 cals at 2:30pm, including my run. I started at about 8am.

I got out to the trail for my run to where it splits, saw the beautiful crushed gravel they put down, went my usual way, and the gravel ended after a few hundred feet. :grumble: Apparently now I have to start going the other direction, which looks like I can fit in 2.6 miles. I generally go 2.5-3, so that's ok I guess.

For all of the daily weigh-ers out there, this site is a neat way to track, it shows your trend https://www.fourmilab.ch/cgi-bin/HackDiet
  • SaraGrace82
    SaraGrace82 Posts: 232
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I have been on more like a month long break! I feel your pain Stacy!

I am trying to come up with a gym cardio plan that gets progressively more challenging. I need lot's of mini goals to stay motivated. For example, I love the build up of the C25K program and the NRoWL. I want something similar but for cardio (not running yet). I also want some variety. Trying to figure out a circuit and some goals. Right now, I find that machine that makes endless stairs and the rowing machine pretty difficult so maybe I will build something around them? Like trying to add a few extra "flights" to the stair thing or upping the speed. Just gotta sit down and think through what a program would look like.

We're going on a two week vacation to Montana and then through the Pacific Northwest on our way home in a week! I am really excited but sakes alive do we have a lot of planning to do before we go! My friend who was staying with us just left today and already I need to be getting ready for this?!? Well, I am definitely taking today off.

Susan- Good luck on your job search!

Hope everyone is well!

Sara Grace