When & Where do you run?

Options
nightsrainfall
nightsrainfall Posts: 244 Member
Do you have specific days or times that you run (or do c25k)? And where do you run?

Replies

• strawberrygashes
    strawberrygashes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    So far, I've always run in the morning, right after my kids leave for school (so about 8:15am).
    There is a country lane about 5-10 mins from my home, so my brisk walk is to the country lane and then I run on that lane. Sometimes cars come past (not often though, and they're always aware of runners). It's also got its fair share of hills, but its perfect because it goes on for ages, with different roots to take and lovely scenery passing horses, sheep and cows :)
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    When I did C25K (last summer) I used to get up early in the week and run in my village between 6 and 7am.
    Now I run in the evenings during the week (1 5K+ road run on my own and 1 10Kish trail run with running club), then a 5K trail parkrun on Saturday mornings and a longer trail run on Sunday mornings. I'm very lucky because the Transpennine Trail is 5 minutes' walk from my house, so I don't have to travel for scenery :glasses:
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Weekend mornings, and right after work. There is a beautiful walking path down by the shore about 2 miles from my house, it follows the edge of the water and is really nice and quiet in the morning on a Saturday or Sunday. Weekday evenings I encounter other runners (or people with baby strollers grr) but it's such a nice place to run and it's not very hilly. The circuit I do is about 2 miles so I do it twice for one daily run.

http://www.sports-tracker.com/#/workout/secretlobster/6999d65buhoqrlqq
  • sweet110
    sweet110 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Where: I live in a residential part of a city, so I just step outside and run around my neighborhood on the sidewalks. Its not the most scenic route, but my goal is just to keep it simple...one of the reasons why I run is so that I don't have "to commute" to exercise. I step outside and start.

When: I try my best to go in the morning. But if I don't make it and its my day to run, then I will run in the late evening, between 7 and 8 pm.
  • SL22268
    SL22268 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5 am (groan) and was running on the track (we live by our high school), but once I had to run 20 min/2 miles straight, I got off of the track and onto the pavement - SO much better!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5 AM (before my kids get up and while my husband is still home to be with them) and go running on our street. I live exactly 1.5 miles away from a gas station, so going there and back is 3 miles.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I was doing it in the evening (around 8:30) after my son was in bed. I think I'm going to start going to the gym to do it on the treadmill.... I'm just worried because I've heard running on a treadmill is easier than running on the actual ground. I'm on week 6 day 3 now...
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Run in the morning in my neighborhood (residential area). The earlier the better, specially on week days.
  • buckeyegirl0103
    buckeyegirl0103 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I try for mornings (6am ish) on our sidewalks in town-one area doesn't have sidewalks, but that early there is no cars. If I can't in the morning due to weather or whatever, then at night after dinner has settled!
  • Candoall
    Candoall Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I would like to run early, around 5 a.m., but I'm a late riser.

I am scheduled to run anytime between 6pm-8pm. i use a (home) treadmill

Monday was w1d1. Right now i planning monday, thursday, and saturday.
  • giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I prefer to run as soon as I get home off of work in the mornings. I still have the adrenaline going and I'm not tired. And I like to run through my neighborhood as opposed to going to a track. Currently repeating week 4
  • tigjer
    tigjer Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I run in the (late)morning near my house in a gorgeous tree lined street then onto trails...

Im on w3 right now and for both D1 and D2 I ran the workout 2x (skipped the first cooldown)...The music was good, the weather was gorgeous and it just felt so darned good!

Looking forward to my next run on Thursday!!
  • jenbunboo
    jenbunboo Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I run around my house, uphills and down, and I try to figure out my route so I'm not stuck going up one of the STEEP hills while trying to run. No really, they're steep. Once I get to the LONG runs, I'll just walk them, at least in the start. I live in the middle of the country, so my blocks are 2-3.5 miles around. If my time is up before I'm done (and it pretty much always is) I just enjoy a bit of extra cooldown time.

As to when, I try to get it in before work. I shoot for Monday-Wednesday-Friday. That way, if it is raining on Tuesday, I can bump everything back so it becomes Mon-Thurs-Sat or the like and not have to worry about it. If it is raining all week long, I don't belong to a gym, so I just get in some other cardio on those days like aerobics or what not, and then pick up at the weekend with a refresher on the last run I did and start fresh on the next Monday. It is certainly stretching out my weeks, but I'm not just sitting on my doof not doing anything, and I don't backslide and see improvement all the time.
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    I get up at 5:30 am and run in my neighborhood.

Last summer I ran in the evenings.

The morning seems to be working better for me since I don't have to spend the day worrying about how.when I was going to get my run in.

Plus, I have Plantar's Fasciitis and it helps when I run in the mornings as opposed to the evenings.
  • ladyjoie
    ladyjoie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I run around my neighbourhood in the evenings, after my weight workouts. I'm sooooo not a morning person.
  • Dottiesweet
    Dottiesweet Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I run in the morning at 6am. I love running in the morning because it is peaceful and quiet before the kids wake up. I'm on week 3. Good Luck All.
  • mehs04
    mehs04 Posts: 184
    Options
    I started out by running in the afternoons or evenings, but now it fits better in my schedule to run in the mornings. I live 3 houses away from a high school, so I go running on the high school's track.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I run after work. I go to the YMCA and run on a treadmill. Some days I run outside around my neighborhood but it is easier for me to keep steady pace when I do the treadmill. Plus it has been dumping rain here and I am not a fan of wet.
  • aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Right now I usually head out around 8pm. Its not as hot, and not as many people out. I run my neighborhood or walk down to the park and run the circle. Or if Im REALLY feeling ambitious, I'll walk down to the cemetery- it's all hills. Sometimes I take the dog.
  • kmcgaw
    kmcgaw Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I prefer early mornings, but my dog begs me to walk her instead, and she is not a runner. Now it's early evening on sidewalks and trails around my home. Last night I ran the track while my kids played in the adjacent playground, and it was motivating to get a wave and cheer from them everytime I came around. I like to vary where I run, and plan to incorporate a good hill or two by week 5. I get bored easily, so treadmill running is my least favorite.