Diagnosed Today With Hypothyroidism

Options
sanaya2
sanaya2 Posts: 5 Member
kind of overwhelmed.... not gonna lie

i will take any recommendations or information that are only gleaned from personal experience.

Replies

• heinrichs21
    heinrichs21 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Sanaya2, do you have Hashimoto's Disease or just hypothyroidism? If you have just one of them that makes a bit of a difference when it comes to information.
  • debbylee22
    debbylee22 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    kind of overwhelmed.... not gonna lie

i will take any recommendations or information that are only gleaned from personal experience.

Hi Sanaya2, Welcome! :flowerforyou:
    Sorry for your news today. I was just recently diagnosed with it as well, and went on synthroid for a couple of months. Meanwhile I did lots of research for natural cures.
    I added things to my diet, supplements, and made diet changes, and as of last week the dr let me stop the meds. We're gonna see if it stays normal :smile:
    I am feeling so much better now too.
    This is what I take.
    4 evening primrose, 2 selenium, 4 vitamin D3, multi vitamin, and 1 magnesium citrate
    2.33 TBS Virgin Coconut Oil, sparingly adding iodine drops (now that I'm not on meds)
    stopped eating gluten foods.
    Reading this group board helped me lots!
  • shvits
    shvits Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! I have also been hypothyroid for 30 years and now with 1/2 half of my thyroid gone even more. I also was slightly hyper thyroid for the previous 6 years. I've been both, lucky me. Lost hair, tired, gained weight. Taking synthroid, brand name as is always the same dose which is not true for the generic. Adding cytomel (which has other thyroid hormones) gave me energy, helped with weight loss and with my mood. I find I am still very sensitive and need TLC. It takes about a year to get the dose correct for the thyroid after surgery, so I suspect it could take a while to get the right medicine.