Anyone trying to run more than 3 days a week?

I have a girlfriend who runs 5 days a week. Naturally the pounds are just melting off. She swears by it too and loves it.

I run/plan to run 3 days a week. I am afraid to run more....but I sure am considering it.

Is anyone else running more than 3 days a week and how is that going for you?

Replies

• kaji13
    kaji13 Posts: 172 Member
    I just started c25k, and I am sticking to 3 days a week until at least the last couple weeks. Then I might bring it up to 3 or 4...I used to run every day in high school when I was on XC and track, and it never caused me many problems. I'm sure it depends on the individual
  • ladyjoie
    ladyjoie Posts: 165 Member
    I think when you're just starting out, three times a week is plenty. Your body needs to recover and repair. On a program like this where you're building up, three times a week is still enough. When you finish it, though, I'd say go for it!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    I run about 4-5 days a week. If your friend is losing weight easily, it's because her diet and exercise are where they should be. Running by itself doesn't shed pounds, weight loss really comes from diet. I know a lot of people who run CONSTANTLY but are overweight.
  • mehs04
    mehs04 Posts: 184
    I am on c25k week 7. I run 3-4 x's/week, usually 4, but I only move on to the next c25k week when it turns the next calendar week. Hope that makes sense!
  • I had this same question...... Thanks for asking. I'm on week 6 and think I'll try doing 4 days these last few weeks
  • FloridaAimee
    FloridaAimee Posts: 295 Member
    At this point I walk and/or do light weights on the off days. Your body really does need time off, especially when you're just starting out.