What's next?

Options
I'm starting the Lean phase today, but I'm already thinking about what to do after I finish my 90 days with Chalean. I do cardio on my own, but I really feel like I need a program to follow for strength and I don't want to lose what I've gained doing this program. What are the rest of you planning on doing? I've thought about New Rules of Lifting for Women, but you do that on your own and I really like doing my workouts along with a video. Does anyone have any other heavy lifting strength training video recommendations?

Replies

• Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    There are a few I would like to do after I finish Brazil Butt Lift.

A friend of mine has done Les Mills PUMP! and she said she loved it.

I can't decide if I want to do CHX again or try for P90X...

I know that CHX is what you're finishing so that's not helpful for me to say do it again.

But PUMP uses a Barbell instead of dumbells.
  • KimAggie04
    KimAggie04 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I finished CLX in February. Afterwards I wanted to push myself, so I tried Insanity but didn't care for it. Then, I was very busy and took a couple month break. Now, I am back doing a hybrid of CLX & Turbo Fire. One of these days I will have to check out the New Rules of Lifting for Women, but like you, I prefer a video. I really like the encouragement.
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I'm in the lean phase. I ordered NROLFW but haven't received it yet. I will either do that or CLX again. This shouldn't be a huge decision but it's like I'm leery of making a commitment. :bigsmile:
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    After Lean, I will be going right back into Burn!

I will try and watch my diet better though... :blushing:
  • melcowenfitness
    melcowenfitness Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Have any of you looked at Les Mills Pump? It's another Beachbody workout and it's really, really good. Fun too with upbeat music - it's kinda like TurboFire but for strength training.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    If I ever get through the program I think I'm going to do New Rules of Lifting for Women. I do think I'd like Les Mills Pump too but I need to stop spending all my money at Beachbody right now lol.
  • lulukittie
    lulukittie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to do another round of CLX, but I'm also thinking about ordering TurboFire, so I guess I haven't really decided!
  • tiffbou2
    tiffbou2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat - I've just started Lean yesterday. Are we meant to just start over again in Burn? I might try out Pump - I've done Les Mill's BodyPump classes at gyms and really liked it.
  • aeverton
    aeverton Posts: 359
    Options
    I'm doing a hybrid of her "lean for life" schedule.

Basically 2 weeks of this:
    burn 1
    cardio
    push 2
    cardio
    lean 3
    cardio
    rest

then I rotate to burn 2, push 3, lean 1 and then burn 3, push 1, lean 2...(2 weeks each).

Angie
  • melcowenfitness
    melcowenfitness Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    If I ever get through the program I think I'm going to do New Rules of Lifting for Women. I do think I'd like Les Mills Pump too but I need to stop spending all my money at Beachbody right now lol.

Haha! I know what you mean... but I find it's money well spent. Every workout I've done from Beachbody has gotten me great results and I know if I don't like it I can return it for a refund. It's a win-win for me.

I also like that I don't have to "think" about what workout I'm going to do because it's all laid out for me.
    I think I'm going to do another round of CLX, but I'm also thinking about ordering TurboFire, so I guess I haven't really decided!

I just got this killer CLX/TF hybrid schedule from Chalene's sister Jenelle Summers. If you'd like to take a look at it, let me know and I'll send it to ya. You can send me a message on here as I don't always see when someone has replied through a thread.
  • Cclancaster
    Cclancaster Posts: 368
    Options
    Really considering a CLX/TurboFire hybrid but one that is not quite as intense as Jenelle's. I think I will stick with CLX's core strength but then add TurboFire as cardio instead of the CLX cardio.
  • mom2fabfive
    mom2fabfive Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am really not sure! I am getting ready to start lean on Tuesday! I guess I will have to have a talk with my coach and see what she thinks. I think I would enjoy the high intensity of turbo fire. Will be watching to see what all of you ahead of me do and what your feedback is!