Inspiration

Options
IamProudofMe
IamProudofMe Posts: 37 Member
Every once in a while we could all use an inspirational jolt. I thought a discussion board would be nice where we can all share our favorite motivational sayings, websites etc.

I got this from Livefitter.com (as well as Livefitter on Facebook). I thought it might be appropriate to start off this topic:

430.jpg

Replies

• KJLIII
    KJLIII Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful - and very appropriate !

I know I'm very grateful for all the encouragement.

:flowerforyou:
  • joanneonline
    joanneonline Posts: 158
    Options
    That's wonderful, Barb - thank you so much for sharing this. I love this idea too. I'll post something later today.
  • cecehite19
    cecehite19 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Barb your inspiration is a perfect reflection of the way I feel about the friendships I have made here. I probably would be still trying to lose because my husband and I are both committed to this BUT my friendships here have really helped me to try harder, to be accountable everyday and also to give back to others while getting so much more in return! I am really grateful for those times I log on and feel so rewarded by your comments and cheering! I am even more motivated and also encouraged that there is more that I can do to be better. I see photos and once again encouraged by the results! The fact that we are discussing meeting up when we meet our goals is yet another example of the bond we all have felt! So thank you for posting this inspirational message about our friendships! Thanks to all of you! Cece
  • IamProudofMe
    Options
    New Inspiration for this week: "The highest reward for a persons toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it."

I think we have all become stronger from this journey (and not just in the physical sense) -don't you? :happy:
  • joanneonline
    joanneonline Posts: 158
    Options
    Absolutely, Barb. I see a common theme and strength emerging in all of us which is Persistence. I see us all developing what it takes to really remain committed for the "long run."

We still have the ups and downs, and I know for me, being able to come here and communicate I'm struggling is a brand new pattern. You all encourage me and keep me focused and accountable and I know that will be the outcome when I reach out.
  • IBetterShapeUp
    Options
    This is a quote I need to abide by:

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
    Willing is not enough; we must do."
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
  • IamProudofMe
    Options
    Inspiration from my 7 year old:

Trying like hell to embed the picture. Here's the URL: http://barbandpaulielivelife.shutterfly.com/pictures/9
  • suttercm
    suttercm Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I get so much inspiration from everyone here on MFP - so many positive people!
  • IamProudofMe
    Options
    “None of us can change our yesterdays but all of us can change our tomorrows.” ~Colin Powell