Finally - Insurance has approved and surgery scheduled

Options
gspea
gspea Posts: 412 Member
:happy: I started the path to have LapBand surgery last November. I have alot of the Co-Morbidities except diabetes. My PC doc suggested I see my surgeon and the surgeon approved me - after a very lengthy psych eval, dietician eval, bloodwork, cardio testing. Unfortunately the Insurance company did not. They required (just changed the rules in Jan) a 6 month medically managed weight loss period.

Well I have been doing that and have lost almost 30 pounds. The surgeons office re-submitted yesterday and by gosh - Insurance approved less than 24 hours later.

I now have surgery for the LapBand on June 28th... I cannot believe that I am going to continue this journey.

WOW - :happy:

Geri

Replies

• heres2anewme
    heres2anewme Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your surgery.
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Great job on the pre surgery loss, I hope you have a safe surgery and a quick recovery. Don't forget to keep us posted on your progress.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Congrats! The day will be here before you know it! Great job on the pre-op loss!
  • J_M1987
    J_M1987 Posts: 32
    Options
    Congratulations! That's so exciting. I too had to go through the same process...which felt like forever...and then June was here before I knew it and I was approved! My surgery is on the 19th, I'm having RNY, and I can't be more excited to begin this journey. I look forward to hearing about your progress through MFP! Good luck :)
  • Scribetoo
    Scribetoo Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I know what a relief it is to finally get the thumbs up on your new life!

So happy for you (BOTH of you who will soon be joining us on the losers bench)!

:flowerforyou:
  • alefaye
    alefaye Posts: 4
    Options
    congratulations on being approved and your earlier weightloss!
    i wish you the best on your continued journey
  • lynaer
    lynaer Posts: 6
    Options
    Good Luck with surgery and the healing process!
  • jiacrist
    jiacrist Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I remember how happy I was when I got my approval. I just had roux en y gastric bypass on 5/30/2012. Good luck and happy losing!
  • brendaswenson
    brendaswenson Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for the insurance to approve me also. Good luck and keep posting your progress.
  • Susann1963
    Susann1963 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You will be back in control of your life!!
  • mamaholt80
    mamaholt80 Posts: 20
    Options
    Congrats and Good Luck!
  • frogmama
    frogmama Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You have been doing very well and already seem to have made many changes. Soon you will have the band to help you along your journey. :flowerforyou: