Anyone in KC still active?

Options
Muldactus
Muldactus Posts: 6,972 Member
Just curious to see if there's anyone else from the KC metro area still active on the forums.

Replies

• kimmieyr1
    kimmieyr1 Posts: 189
    Options
    I am here! I do not like your name.
  • Muldactus
    Options
    The name comes from YEARS ago when my then-fiance' (now ex-wife) and I were playing MUDs (Multi-User Dungeons - telnet based online games) from the basement of Anderson Hall on the KSU campus. Her Email ID was Kaliko88, so to tease her, I was Kilkitty, the kaliko kitty killer.

That said, I'm actually very much a cat person. I live with my GF, and we have 5 cats between us. That's probably too many, but I have a hard time picturing life without any cats.
  • kkmulholland
    Options
    I'm here, active and VERY happy that kilkitty is a misnomer! :-)
  • fiveferrels
    fiveferrels Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    yep yep
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Probably too active on the forums here. ;)
  • sarabeth40
    sarabeth40 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yep! And still looking for someone to run with.... :(
  • Muldactus
    Options
    I'm afraid you don't want me for that one. I'm just starting the journey and not up to running. I've started a treadmill interval routine - walk 3.5 min, jog 1.5 min for 30 minutes, and it still leaves me pretty winded and wobbly at the end. I'm trying tho!

Nice to see some active people here in the area. Makes the journey feel a bit less... secluded I guess.
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I am here- I would like to find someone to run or workout with too - I live up north though I work downtown.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options

What level of a runner are you looking for? Currently I am more of walk/run type...
  • sarabeth40
    Options

What level of a runner are you looking for? Currently I am more of walk/run type...

At this point, I'd be happy to run with anyone. I run a lot and it just gets old running by yourself all the time. where in kc are you?
  • reese66
    Options

At this point, I'd be happy to run with anyone. I run a lot and it just gets old running by yourself all the time. where in kc are you?

Independence 24/291 highways if your familiar with that area. You?
  • reese66
    Options
    I am here- I would like to find someone to run or workout with too - I live up north though I work downtown.

Parkville, North Kansas City?
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    I live in Excelsior Springs - but I used to live in Independence so I know that area well. I work downtown. I wouldn't mind doing something like getting together on a Saturday or Sunday. I used to run on that trail by the little blue - very pretty with the river and all.
  • reese66
    Options
    I live in Excelsior Springs - but I used to live in Independence so I know that area well. I work downtown. I wouldn't mind doing something like getting together on a Saturday or Sunday. I used to run on that trail by the little blue - very pretty with the river and all.

I like to use that one, would be fun to meat up sometime, make take turns in different areas of kc and suburbs. Like I said above though I am more a walker/runner, trying to work my way up the later, but I would love the company, would be fun.
  • sarabeth40
    Options
    I live in Lees Summit, but I work at 23rd and 291 so I'm close too!
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    I would love to get together - even if its a nice walk/hike somewhere - friend me and maybe we can make it happen some weekend.
  • reese66
    Options
    We could a get together on the trail by the river sometime :)
  • Deedsie
    Deedsie Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I'm adding miles to Saturdays. Early mornings work well for me. I sometimes run with the KCTC in Lee's Summit: https://www.facebook.com/groups/235311689914911/
  • pkfrankel
    pkfrankel Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Search Sunday runday on Facebook. This is a great group of runners at all levels that run in Leawood on Sundays at 7:00 a.m.
  • kimmieyr1
    kimmieyr1 Posts: 189
    Options
    The name comes from YEARS ago when my then-fiance' (now ex-wife) and I were playing MUDs (Multi-User Dungeons - telnet based online games) from the basement of Anderson Hall on the KSU campus. Her Email ID was Kaliko88, so to tease her, I was Kilkitty, the kaliko kitty killer.

That said, I'm actually very much a cat person. I live with my GF, and we have 5 cats between us. That's probably too many, but I have a hard time picturing life without any cats.

I am so glad to hear about the name and that you have 5 cats. I have 3 of them.:smile: