Drinking Wine?

Options
KarinFit4Life
KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
Who drinks alcohol still, specifically wine?
I love my red wine...especially now that its winter in SA and starting to get really cold. A fireplace and red wine just goes together sooo well! :tongue:
Ive cut down a lot and limit myself to weekends mostly, but I still feel guilty now and then and wonder if its okay on this journey.
Any thoughts and opinions?
Does the "if it fits my macros and calorie goal" apply?

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I live in "Wine Capital of Canada", British Columbia. I run through the vinyards every day and enjoy the fruits most evenings. I do aim for 3-4 days straight without alcohol every couple of weeks to let my liver chill... I've heard it's good practice but I dunno... Sounds reasonable to me. As long as it fits within my calorie goal and I don't dehydrate myself I don't worry about it.
  • TiffyChick
    TiffyChick Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Google "Red wine burns fat". Lots of information on the benefits of drinking red wine. I still drink it, but not everyday. Usually drink it 2-3 days in a row, then take a 4 day break or so. : )
  • PaulaAW
    PaulaAW Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I was always told red wine is good for you due to tannins, but only in moderation, 1 or 2 glasses a day. I used to share a bottle every evening with my husband, have reduced now to only Friday and Saturday as a treat. Would really miss it if I couldn't have a glass or 2 at weekends.
  • Symonep
    Symonep Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I hope it's OK, I am having a few glasses tonight :drinker:
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I hope it's ok, too. I budget my calories to fit it in every night...and probably more than I should.
  • Alisi1234
    Alisi1234 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad this was a thread! I just started EM2WL yesterday and I have a big BBQ I'm going to tonight. I will be limiting myself but I still will have a few glasses.
  • missdimpley
    missdimpley Posts: 192
    Options
    I'm having vodka instead LOL.. ;)
  • pugsley5
    pugsley5 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    So glad for this thread:)) I am an avid red wine drinker. What I do is limit my sugar intake during the day so I free up some carbs and calories to enjoy a few glasses of wine with dinner. It has worked great so far. My mantra is I'd rather drink my calories than have a piece of bread or desert. I still stay under my calorie limit. Let's be friends, you sound like my kind of person!lol!:wink:
  • watergirl626
    watergirl626 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I lost my weight without cutting out alcohol. Cut back, sure. I worked it into my calories, and typically limited other treats if I was having one that day. Just make sure your other calories are nutritious.

My choice is beer, and the microbrews I like are in the 150-225 range. Yikes! But I don't like the way I feel after a glass of wine lately. How my body reacts to it has changed over time, so now I don't drink it much at all. Used to love a good red though.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    There is no reason not to drink! (as long as you can fit it into your day why not?? I look at it as a treat, I still eat ice cream and burgers and whatever else I want in moderation (and not all in the same day usually lol).

But I usually have a couple glasses of wine a week.
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I totally believe it's ok to have a glass or two of wine (or whatever). Just fit it into your cals/macros. The only major drawback I find from it though is I am guaranteed to see a 1 -2lb scale gain for at least two days after drinking it before it comes back down...very annoying...
  • KarinFit4Life
    Options
    Phew! So glad Im not alone in this! :blushing:
    Thanks everyone! I eat at least 80% or more healthy so I believe the 20% or so can be for ME to remain sane! Hehe.
    Pugsley5 - I do agree on skipping the bread and desert and relishing my glass of red!
    Ah watergirl, I hope I dont get a similar experience, I love my wine!
    Alisi, enjoy ure bbq and ure wine! :happy:

Its now 17h30 here and Im sipping on my glass while hubby has the indoor braai (bbq) going and the fire warming the house....mmmm. :wink:
    :drinker: everyone! Have a lovely weekend! Xxx
  • KarinFit4Life
    Options
    I totally believe it's ok to have a glass or two of wine (or whatever). Just fit it into your cals/macros. The only major drawback I find from it though is I am guaranteed to see a 1 -2lb scale gain for at least two days after drinking it before it comes back down...very annoying...

Aaah u are so right!! But thats why I completely ignore the scale until my next Friday and drink up on lots of water and tea etc. Seems to be just fine then. :-)