I hate the scale...HELP

Options
konswela
konswela Posts: 137 Member
OMG i have gained a little weight, and I want to LOSE.. not gain.l I have incorporated more weight training.. (love Jackie Warner Power Circuit Training) BUT I want the scale to move down not UP.. FRUSTRATED!!!!!

Started eating clean(somewhat) this past Sunday. I have been doing good. Except the half blueberry bagel i had today but it was soooo yummy!. What am I doing wrong. I am eating at TDEE-15%.. or very close to it. I try to get at least 4 days of workout in. Im doing Taebo and Circuit training now.. :sad: This is my7th week on EM2WL at first i dropped 3lbs in 4 weeks and now I back up those 3 plus 1..ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Replies

• mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    OMG i have gained a little weight, and I want to LOSE.. not gain.l I have incorporated more weight training.. (love Jackie Warner Power Circuit Training) BUT I want the scale to move down not UP.. FRUSTRATED!!!!!

Started eating clean(somewhat) this past Sunday. I have been doing good. Except the half blueberry bagel i had today but it was soooo yummy!. What am I doing wrong. I am eating at TDEE-15%.. or very close to it. I try to get at least 4 days of workout in. Im doing Taebo and Circuit training now.. :sad: This is my7th week on EM2WL at first i dropped 3lbs in 4 weeks and now I back up those 3 plus 1..ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I completely understand your frustration!!!
    If you could provide us your stats it might be helpful. Also, look back over the last 7 weeks. How many days did you net under BMR? What is your dieting history like? What are your macros like?

IF you just started eating clean you may want to give it a few more weeks (sorry) to see if that helps before slashing your calories.

Are you looking to other measures of your success (pics, measuring tape, body fat) or are you just relying on the scale? It is possible to not lose any weight on the scale, or even actually gain, and lose body fat and clothing sizes.
  • goldengirl28
    goldengirl28 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    HI, sorry to hear your struggling.

Do you fancy posting your stats, because i had a crisis earlier in the week (started gaining) and Lucia redid my stats and i wasn't eating enough. (since lost 1.2lb of the weight i'd put on)

hang in there someone will be along to help out :)
  • konswela
    Options

I completely understand your frustration!!!
    If you could provide us your stats it might be helpful. Also, look back over the last 7 weeks. How many days did you net under BMR? What is your dieting history like? What are your macros like?

IF you just started eating clean you may want to give it a few more weeks (sorry) to see if that helps before slashing your calories.

Are you looking to other measures of your success (pics, measuring tape, body fat) or are you just relying on the scale? It is possible to not lose any weight on the scale, or even actually gain, and lose body fat and clothing sizes.

5'8"
    193lbs

was previously eating 1200 calories or less, Now try to eat at TDEE-15% which is 2150. I normally don't get to 2150 (more like 1950 some days or more)
    I work out at least 4/5 days a week. Cardio(Taebo) and Circuit Training.. I will definitely check Macros and all the rest. I normally meet or fall a little shy of my macros(ok sometimes over).
    Somedays I look smaller other days I look bigger.. I just think my mind is playing tricks on me..lol. I am a "scale" girl and want to see the numbers fall off, but I know that's not how it works all the time. Any suggestions would be great!!!

I should be happy bc Ive actually lost over a 100(or more) lbs throughout the years and kept it off. Haven't gained anymore than 5 lbs back since losing all that weight. I just have an ideal goal/size in mind.. If I make it to 175-165. I will be great. Oh well we shall see

Thank you and everyone for all of your input!!!!!!!
  • konswela
    Options
    I've opened my Food Diary for everyone to take a looks at ... thanks
  • goldengirl28
    goldengirl28 Posts: 130 Member
    Options

Hi again :)

I've had a quick look at your diary, i'm no expert, but if my sodium goes over 800 i hold a lot of water, i notice a couple of days your sodium appears quiet high, could that be the cause (some water weight)

Also, what have you set your exercise at in the scooby calculate? Strenuous?

PS: mustn't forget to say WELL DONE in loosing over 100 and keeping if off thats a fab achievement, you should be proud :)
  • konswela
    Options

Hi again :)

I've had a quick look at your diary, i'm no expert, but if my sodium goes over 800 i hold a lot of water, i notice a couple of days your sodium appears quiet high, could that be the cause (some water weight)

Also, what have you set your exercise at in the scooby calculate? Strenuous?

PS: mustn't forget to say WELL DONE in loosing over 100 and keeping if off thats a fab achievement, you should be proud :)

Yep body holds on to weight like a "dam"..lol. I will defintely reduce the sodium. :)

ummmm maybe thats my problem the exercise. I havent set it according to scooby. I shall do that. I think last time i used fit frog.

thanks so much!!!!!!
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I havent peeked at your diary yet, but I did run your numbers, and if you work out at least 5 hours a week, your cut calories would be 2400 approximately, so I think you are probably undereating. If you are really nervous about it, you can average the moderate and strenuous activity levels which would make your cut calories 2259.

The other thing to consider is that you may need to do a reset, especially if you've been eating at under 1200 calories for quite some time. Your story is very similar to my own, and I am currently in the middle of a metabolism reset. There is a sticky on this you may want to check out. I know you are anxious to lose the rest of your weight, as I am, but we have to think long-term. It may take us longer to get there, but if we do it right it will last. A few pounds of water weight is a small price to pay for a lifetime of success. Thats my new mantra, and I'm sticking to it, lol.

I know it is so hard to let go of being "a scale girl". I'm one too, and for the longest time that was all I cared about. As I get closer to my goal weight, I am beginning to understand what a liar it really is. Right now, I'm 5'5", weighed in at 174 this morning (grrr...bloated) and I am wearing a comfortable size 6. At the same weight about 10 years ago I wore a size 14. So really muscle makes a huge difference!!! Its taken me a long time to get to this point, but honestly, I am starting not to care so much about what the scale says as long as my body fat is going down and I am getting fitter, stronger, and healthier. I am finally at a place where no matter what, I am not willing to go back to low calorie diets. i feel better, and Im sticking with that.

Try planning out your meals the night before and dividing your calories by the number of times you want to eat. That way you will take the stress out of meal time and not get into a situation where you have like 1000 calories to eat at 9 pm, lol.

The main thing with sodium is to keep your sodium levels constant. Too much fluctuation in sodium levels can actually cause bloating.
  • konswela
    Options
    Thank you all so much for just taking the time to "hear"/read my frustrations.. I will consider/do everything. i will definitely read about the reset.

Again thanks to all!!!!!! i feel much better :smile: