Plateau...Why??!!

Options
It's my second week with the program. The first week went great. Lost 3lbs. This week hasn't been so great. I have been working out, drinking tons of water, counting calories (might have gone a bit over on Mothers Day) and even managed to throw in a few extra workouts here and there, but...the scale hasn't changed! I know, I know, I shouldn't focus on that darn scale, but I can't help it. I know a lot of people haven't lost too much weight with the program, they have lost inches and built muscle instead, but in order for me to tone up, I feel like I need to lose the weight first. I'm 5'1'' and 170lbs. There is no way I can tone up and still be the same weight. That's just too heavy for my height. I'm discouraged, but not defeated. I will keep going...

Replies

• princess2boys
    princess2boys Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! While I have lost weight (7 lbs in 4.5 weeks), the inches lost and toning has been amazing! I've gone down one pant size, and while that doesn't seem like a huge accomplishment, it feels so good and my pants have never looked better. I can finally do pushups (the right way!). Hang in there...you'll be so glad you did!

Christie
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    I agree, hang in there. I am halfway through phase 2. Lost 2.2 pounds, put it back on somehow, then lost 1 of those again. I hate the scale. Lost a few inches in the first phase, but honestly phase 1 wasn't much of a challenge for me. Phase 2 however, I am expecting great results cuz she really steps it up a notch! I will measure again in 2 weeks. Just keep going. I am definitley getting stronger. I am 5'6" and 157 on a good day. lol. It's hard not seeing the huge results she talks about. You'll get there. Are you eating your calories back? I just upped my calories and hoping that works!
  • jarteaga0915
    Options
    Are you eating your calories back? I just upped my calories and hoping that works!

I did not eat my calories back the first week, however, a lot of people keep suggesting that I do. I think I'll start eating my calories back and see how it goes. Let me know how it goes with you!
  • maybombs
    maybombs Posts: 27
    Options
    Are you eating your calories back? I just upped my calories and hoping that works!

I did not eat my calories back the first week, however, a lot of people keep suggesting that I do. I think I'll start eating my calories back and see how it goes. Let me know how it goes with you!

Did it work for you? Eating the calories back that is. I just started doing this on Friday and I can't wait to move that scale.
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Hi! Do you follow Jillian's eating plan? More specifically I'm wondering if you're at 1200 calories. Not eating exercise cals back with a low intake to begin with can cause weight loss to stop...it did for me. Do you know your BMR and TDEE? You don't have to follow those numbers like they're the Gospel but knowing them can help you make the best choices for your overall health.
  • meranda0804
    Options
    When I did the 30 day shred I hit a wall too I increased my calories so I was netting at least 1000- 1100 after exercise and my weight started coming off again. If your increasing your activity level your body probably just needs a little more.
  • Jennifer_lynn85
    Options
    have you measured yourself? I lost 14 inches and just now week 4 lost 3 pounds!!!! how are you counting your calories burned? do you have a heart rate monitor?