First post - intro

Options
stevenleagle
stevenleagle Posts: 293 Member
Awesome idea! I will kick off and introduce myself. Currently 91.5kg (used to be near 110 -106.5 when started Mfp). My goal is 80 (though a little less will be greai). Cardio train 3-4 times pw, strength 1-2 pw. Play touch footie on weekend. What do u guys enjoy as your primary weight loss exercise?

Replies

• ClarkAddison
    ClarkAddison Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Greetings from just north of Chicago. I am 49 years old. I get to the gym 5 to 6 days a week. I coach and still play ice hockey. Trying to finally get good control of my nutrition.
  • rgoodearl
    rgoodearl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm from South Central Kentucky ! My name is Ray and I've been on my journey since April 2010.
  • markgg50
    Options
    my name is Mark, I am having success with calorie counting but i am coming up on 1 month and this is where the wheels fall off and i blow it. I pray that i wont do that this time and I will continue to work hard but it is tough. right now i am working out in the morning and it is good but it is the weekends that i want to eat and eat alot. unstructered time is tough and that is why the weekends are tough. I plan on changing for good if i keep this up everything is easier for me and i feel great when i am eating well. I want to keep on doing well because i have sleep apnea and if i keep up the weight loss it will go away and i will be fine. PRAY FOR ME
  • forme2310
    forme2310 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Its nice to learn a little about each one I hope we will keep positng also I am very familiar with Chicago grew up in Lake Villa Illinois which near the Wisconsin Border. How I wish I was there but know that for now I am where I belong
  • forme2310
    forme2310 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Awesome job on your weight loss
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    my name is Mark, I am having success with calorie counting but i am coming up on 1 month and this is where the wheels fall off and i blow it. I pray that i wont do that this time and I will continue to work hard but it is tough. right now i am working out in the morning and it is good but it is the weekends that i want to eat and eat alot. unstructered time is tough and that is why the weekends are tough. I plan on changing for good if i keep this up everything is easier for me and i feel great when i am eating well. I want to keep on doing well because i have sleep apnea and if i keep up the weight loss it will go away and i will be fine. PRAY FOR ME
    Hi Mark... weekends are tough, but factor them into your WEEK and you'll find it a heck of a lot easier to stay on the wagon.

Every weekend I go down the pub with the hubster to catch up with our friends and I usually have a couple of pints of strong cider or the best part of a bottle of wine. That's a given and it's a constant in my life that's not going to change. I account for every calorie eaten or drunk and if I'm over for the day, I'm over. No tears, no tantrums, because over the week I know I'll have built up a buffer zone that will accommodate the weekend blow-out.

Having said that, I also do a fair bit of exercise at the weekend as well as during the week, so it's not often that I do go over my Net Calories.

I used to stick it out for a couple of months before the wagon well and truly rolled to a stop ad started to pile on the lbs again. Since I found MFP five months ago I've achieved more than I ever had before and I have a fantastic support network, both online and offline who are keeping me focussed and on course to a brighter, leaner, healthier future. :happy:
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Ok Here goes... I'm Kyle and...

1. Where were you born?
    Born in Scotland.

2. Where do you live at the moment?
    Colchester, Essex - the oldest recorded town in England

3. Where else have you lived?
    Hull (where I went to Uni), the Netherlands (Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Utrecht & Maastricht), London & the Medway (UK)

4. What is your current occupation? What is your dream occupation?
    Project Manager, work with large hotel chains implementing their distribution software. My dream job would be to produce the Eurovision Song Contest (or Swedish Melodifestivalen)

5. Tell us any 5 things about yourself :smile:
    I speak umpteen European languages and used to be a commercial translator.
    I've been to the Eurovision Song Contest twice (2000 & 2001)
    I got married in 2010 and we had a red London Routemaster bus as our wedding transport.
    I met my husband online and I proposed to him (on bended knee) at the top of the Empire State Building in New York city.
    Pre-Internet days, I advertised for a German-speaking penpal in the pop/teen magazine Bravo and received over 500 responses! (I even got my picture in the local paper)

:flowerforyou: :glasses:
  • Horskrzy
    Horskrzy Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Greetings from the Pacific Northwest!

My name is Mark and here is a brief brief about me.

I am 54 years old and was born in Seattle, WA.
    While I am working full time, I am also "retired" after 30 years in the US Coast Guard.
    I currently live in Washington (state) but have also lived in Oregon, California, Massachusetts, Michigan, Connecticut, Hawaii, Minami Tori Shima (Japan) and Puerto Rico.
    I am 6' 4" and started MFP on Oct 22, 2011 weighing in at 252 pounds and now weigh 220 pounds.
    My goal weight is no MORE than 195.
    As of May 2012 I will have been married for 35 years to my best friend, Leah.
  • FiremanSam111
    FiremanSam111 Posts: 118
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sam. It's great to see some blokes here as we know that us men can be a quiet bunch that suffer in silence about many blokey issues. I am currently a teacher of 10-12 year olds, and live in Palmerston North, New Zealand. I am moving up to Auckland NZ soon to be with a wonderful woman who I adore. We met on this very website! My fitness and weight loss goals are to get back what I once had. After a distressing and hurtful end to a difficult and unloving marriage, I completely neglected my health. I became very depressed, and topped the scales at 109Kg in October 2011. I drank and ate my way to Hell quite literally. I now weigh in at 99.5Kg, and have about 15-20Kg left to lose before I reach my weight goal. My biggest challenge remains food, I love eating it. I have been a member here since late December 2011, and have managed quite well to curb my poor eating habits. I now run 4 times a week, and hope to build more speed and endurance as my body continues to remember how hard I can push it. My fitness goals are to eventually run a marathon. Short term, I would like to be able to run 5Km in sub 20 minutes, a 10Km in sub 50 minutes (like I used to 10 years ago). I am determined to do this despite the recent 3 month setback where I ruptured a disc in my lower back. It is all fixed now, and I am regaining much of my previous fitness. I log my runs on runkeeper.com where you may feel free to join me.

Men need much support, as we are not that great at reaching out socially with other men in this kind of way. Lets do it. :happy:
  • drmattski
    drmattski Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hey All,
    Matt here in Massachusetts. I have been up and down with weight all my life mainly due to poor eating habits (boredom and stress). I have almost always exercised to soem degree, but have only gotten serious about weight loss and overall health in recent years. Looking for continued support to help me "stay on track" with the eating and exercsie habits. Happy to provide support o any who need it. I don't spend a lot of timeon MFP, but I log all my food and exercise everyday, so will definitley chime in with positive contribution when I see a post.
    Cheers,
    Matt
  • jamesg2012
    jamesg2012 Posts: 25
    Options
    Hi im James from New Zealand and im 33 years old. I started weighing in at 97.7kg now im 87.6kg..I have two children and a beautiful wife. I have had two surgerys in my back and was a andscaper now im looking for a new career/job..I haven't been working for nearly 7 months..Before surgery I went to the gym every day and did weights every second day now im recovering so no excercise for me know...Pleased to see the is a male group
    sweet as:bigsmile:
  • whitefang66
    whitefang66 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    ello fellas :) Just to introduce myself, I am Dan, 46 from South London, England. I started my weight loss programme on 4th may 2012 at 13 st 7 lbs. after quitting smoking on 12th April.
    I work out most days on cardio~vascular machines at the gym, and every other day on weight machines. Happy with the results so far!
  • NorthWoodsLee
    NorthWoodsLee Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Lee. I started myfitnesspal on Monday, May 12. I'm 6/ 1" and weighed almost exactly 300 lbs on Monday (but am down a couple of pounds since then). I should weigh under 185. I'm type 2 diabetic and have high blood pressure. I've lost 40 or 50 pounds on more than one occasion, but have never kept it off. I want to lose at least 115 pounds and keep it off, and get off my medication. I'm often an introvert, particularly in new situations, and don't like relying on others. But I know that those who get support from others have much higher success rates, so I'm interested in getting and giving support and encouragement.
  • mrincredible93
    Options
    I'm Jonathan from Buffalo, NY - Home of pizza & chicken wing shops on every corner. My weight gain was gradual over the past 20 years but got really bad after 2007 when the death of 2 family members sent me into a spiral of emotional eating and bad exercise habits. My wife has lost 40lbs since 11/12 on MFP and I wanted to see what I could do as well. I'm down 12 lbs in a month and starting to work with a trainer at the gym. I could use a few more guys to travel this journey with.
  • dmmihelcic
    dmmihelcic Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Greetings fellow men of MFP. Name is Dave, from Ashburn Virginia, age 48 (almost 49), married with four kids. Would like to loose about 15 (more pounds), put on a lot of muscle, and generally stave off old age. I've always been fairly active through jogging, hiking, backpacking, etc. My nemesis is food, specifically junk (crap) food. When I am stressed or busy at work, I tend to eat stuff out of a box/bag/machine. The result is that while I am generally in decent shape, I'm about 20-25 lbs overweight. In October 2010 I discovered MFP while starting a period of increased fitness and nutrition. I lost 20 lbs and felt great. Unfortunately my job relocated (I now have a130 mile daily commute), my boss became more of a pain in the *kitten* than usual, my oldest son dropped out of college and moved back home, and my fitness program fell apart. Fast forward to end of March 2012. I had put the 20 lbs back on and looked awful. What to do? I dug up my old MFP password, started tracking everything, went back to the gym (the one advantage of my new office location is we have a fantastic fitness center), and took ownership of my weight. I'm down to my low from 2010/2011 and shooting to loose another 15lbs. While I certainly have no problem with the women on MFP, I do appreciate the notion of a group for men. Looking forward to talking to you all!

Dave