Eating TDEE

Options
wa_tracy
wa_tracy Posts: 110 Member
Just curious who went right up to TDEE when you started the metabolism reset and who did it gradually. I'm so anxious about upping my calories 800 over night. I know I'm prolonging the reset by not doing it all the way right away, but I would just like to hear some of your experiences.

Replies

• bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I upped from 1700 to 2870 overnight and had no problems doing so.
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I did it gradually, but if I had it to do all over again I would have just started with the reset! Gradual is a great way to get your body used to the calories and your mind ready for all that a reset entails (it's not easy) but it definitely takes longer to do it gradually...I'm now 9 weeks in or so (only 2 weeks into my reset) so I have another 6 to go yet! sigh...
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I bumped mine up from 1400 to 2100, then found out that my activity level was to low.
    So in the second week I bumped up to 2350.
    Eating real food is great!
  • CampinGal34
    CampinGal34 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I ate at 1800 for 4 weeks (with no results), so I decided to up to a full reset, 2300. It was hard the first few days....a lot more food, feeling bloated and FULL, but after a couple days it got easier and I had a lot more energy! Peanut Butter, tall glasses of milk, oil... all became my friends again!
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    bump.I am curious also. tks for the question!
  • tiaredgypsie
    Options
    I had to ease in for about two weeks. I was eating very low (800-1200) and had to adjust to eating more. I've been aiming for 2035 and don't let myself go below 1730; it helps that I'm learning to make qualitative choices that aren't necessarily bulky but have higher cal counts. And spread it out. Eating several times a day is much easier than big meals when you've been used to almost nothing.

But I'm loving the reset! The first part was hard with all the bloating but now i feel strong, energetic, and am seeing the scale crawl down on its own (or so it seems). I would not have believed it without seeing it! And I'm early into the process!
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I went from 1200 to 1950 in one day. I didn't do the reset. I just started two weeks ago. I feel so much better now that I am eating!! I'm also very aware of what I'm eating. I'm eating more but trying to be very clean about it.
  • wa_tracy
    wa_tracy Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You all have convinced me. I upped to my TDEE today....and I still have over 400 calories to eat post dinner. Going to plan food better tomorrow. Who knew I'd be at a place of having to eat more....but all your stories make me realize this is the best option to get this going :)
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I started with BMR for a few weeks, then my Cut.,.. then finally TDEE. I wish I had just gone to TDEE
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I did it immediately. I expected fluctuation on the scale because of it, but I believe very much in the long-term value.
  • josephinabonetto
    josephinabonetto Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I am doing week 1 at my cut -15% then will make a decision.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I eased in and i wish I hadn't as, really, it is just going to take me longer to get to where I want to be. I'm impatient.