June thread

Options
greekygirl
greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
Just thought I'd start a new thread for June. And, ok, I'm bored. :smile: Where is everyone? How are you all doing?

For me, so far so good, for the last few days but I'm not counting them because it seems to mess me up.

Any new commitments for the new month? I've committed to completing my diary no matter what....sometimes when bingeing I'd log it and sometimes not, but for this month (at least!) I'm logging everything.

Hope you all are well and hope to hear from you...all of you! :happy:

Replies

• MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Well it's been a rocky few months for me. I started doing Insanity in April and did fine for the first few weeks, then it made me really hungry so binges kicked back in a little. It wasn't as bad as I was thinking because I still had really high burns so I didn't gain a whole lot of weight. Around memorial day I was faced with the thought of having 9 lb to lose and I'm working on that now. My biggest challenge is to ease up on myself but at the same time, not let food slip back into being #1 in my life. There are so many other things that belong in that position. I got a book called "Skinny Thinking" that has been very helpful.
    I am not counting days either. It does seem to mess me up. I am closing in on a week here but I know I have to wear a bikini this weekend so I am going to not think about the number of days and focus on making it. Really I just have to keep it up for a few more days but I want to keep it up long term. The other thing i've been really focused on is not eating sweets. I have been working on that. A few have crept in there but for the majority of the time I try to keep in my head what they do to my thinking. I have one and I have a very difficult time stopping. Knowing that, REALLY knowing that, has helped.
    I am also not logging calories and it seems to help. The only times I slipped back into major binge mode seemed to be the days I was tracking. Something about the pressure of that number sets me off. I realize I can't live my life with a computer attached to me, constantly tracking everything, so at some point I need to step back from that anyway. I know what to eat. I know what makes a good breakfast, lunch, dinner and I try to stay around 500-600 calories each of my 3 meals. If I can do that, I have a successful strategy for life. Also, no snacking! This is very important for me. I know others say they need their snacks but for me it starts an unending cycle of binging. So just my 3 meals. That way if I overdo it at one meal i don't overdo it all day by adding extra snacks in there. As soon as I give myself permission for a snack it starts to go toward binging again. Seems that I just need a plan and stick to it! I have not really had a problem with stopping exercise, it seems to be more about the snacking and eating junk and going off my food plan. I seem to be not giving up exercise but that's a great thing
  • greekygirl
    Options
    Thanks MJ for sharing!

I'm back to goal weight again and this is the hardest part for me. Since I really can't afford to lose any more weight, I start telling myself it's ok to eat crap and/or more food so "I will have something to burn off for tomorrow's workout". :huh:

But committing to completing my diary no matter what has seemed to help so far. I tell myself I can have whatever I want, but I have to log it and complete my diary. Do I want to see huge numbers in the red? Not really...and not wanting to log it has made me not want to eat it.

I have been really hungry the last couple of days since I've been within calorie goal and I'm thinking I should probably up my calories for maintenance...but MFP really doesn't give me a whole lot more calories on maintenance so I haven't bothered. I don't know, it's a balancing act for me to maintain my weight. I know how to lose weight and I know how to gain it but I still haven't mastered maintaining it.

Just thought I'd check in for today, I'd love to hear from more of you. :smile:
  • yamagatafan
    yamagatafan Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello -

I have been perusing the Binge Eating Support Group Discussions and I am so glad I found them. Even though I have been binge eating for many, many years I only just recently realized what I have been doing to myself. I know I have emotional triggers, just not sure what, how or why? I feel like I am still just taking baby steps and the discussions here have been so encouraging! This is an amazing group of people! :happy:
  • greekygirl
    Options
    Back on track today, thank gawd.....yesterday was insane.

I find when I stay close to this group I don't binge as much. Duh! LOL

Thanks for being here everyone. I have serious issues with food and need all the support I can get! :smile:
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I started the No S Diet on 6-7-12 and it's been helping me. It allows you to have some moderate sweets, snacks, seconds on the weekends and otherwise you don't do that at all from Monday-Friday. I have had 2 successful days in a row this week and I'm looking forward to enjoying something nice on Saturday and Sunday. I figure the only way to conquer this is with a moderate eating plan and this has to be better than what i was doing. I am viewing the S days (which is the idea of the No-S diet) as "I will figure out what treat I want when Saturday and Sunday get here" instead of trying to plan something and then not be in the mood for it. I think that will really help me understand my thoughts about binging. Get me to think about what I really want to have those days. My goal is also not to let S days become total gluttony and binging because that won't feel good either. Anyway it's a work in progress so I hope to have some success.
  • kittyfrost
    kittyfrost Posts: 54
    Options
    June has been good so far! Yesterday was my only slip where I ate 400 over maintenance, but I'm hoping it will be the only one.