Hungry

Options
Morgandobes
Morgandobes Posts: 66 Member
Hi all -
I am 5'8", 295(ish) and 47 years old. I am currently eating 2200 calories per day on a 'lightly active'
activity level.
Although I am eating quite a few calories, I still have moments of not just hunger, but HUNGER!!!
I got up at midnight last night and was so hungry I wolfed down two donuts. Not the end of the world,
I added 260 calories to todays breakfast, but when I got up the morning I am HUNGRY!! again.

This has been happening to me for the last several days, and last night I even had a big dinner of
a pork chop and some potatoes.

Is this just to be expected, or are my calories to low?
Thanks,
Lisa

Replies

• goldengirl28
    goldengirl28 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hiya,

What time are you having your last meal of the day?

I find if i wake up hungry its because i ate my tea too early and a big time gap before i go to bed........so what i do now is have tea at the usual time and have a supper as well, (usual some toast or a bagel or even some cheese)

could that work for you?

Also, can you describe your activity including type of job and frequency, and i'll rerun your numbers
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Hi all -
    I am 5'8", 295(ish) and 47 years old. I am currently eating 2200 calories per day on a 'lightly active'
    activity level.
    Although I am eating quite a few calories, I still have moments of not just hunger, but HUNGER!!!
    I got up at midnight last night and was so hungry I wolfed down two donuts. Not the end of the world,
    I added 260 calories to todays breakfast, but when I got up the morning I am HUNGRY!! again.

This has been happening to me for the last several days, and last night I even had a big dinner of
    a pork chop and some potatoes.

Is this just to be expected, or are my calories to low?
    Thanks,
    Lisa

It is possible your calories are set too low, if you are underestimating your activity level. What are your workouts like? (Please provide us with a typical week's workout schedule if you don't mind! )

If your calories are set correctly, I think something like some greek yogurt with protein powder would be a good snack. Its pretty filling, and its getting in that protein. Many people though, after a few days of increasing calories experience this kind of "ravenous hunger thing" and I completely understand the "get in my belly" thing...been there myself. Important to plan your meals ahead of time and leave a little leeway.
  • Morgandobes
    Morgandobes Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys -
    Thanks for the responses.

I am currently unemployed, and dont currently have an exercise schedule.
    The most exercise I get is light house cleaning, light gardening, and just generally 'hanging out'
    I figure the urge will come on stronger as I lose some weight and gain more energy.

We ate dinner last night at 6.30pm and we went to bed at 10pm.

I ate about 5 oz of pork chop and 1.5 cups of potatoes.
    Then had a fudgecicle around 7.30

Thanks,
    Lisa
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Seems like your calories are right on target, so I think I would try to make sure you always have a snack before bed, something rich in protein.

Sounds like you're on the right track!