New to EMTWL

Options
Just want to say hi. I've recently had a break from dieting full stop but have found that I'm comfort eating and need some sort of plan in place if Im going to lose the weight. I've read several different threads and am still undecided whether to go for the figure Fat2Fit gives me and not count exercise cals or go with the inactive figure from Fat2Fit and count my exercise cals.....any advice and/or success stories would be most welcome!! Im 5'5", 148 lbs and want to get to about 135lbs (give or take)

Fran :flowerforyou:

Replies

• mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Just want to say hi. I've recently had a break from dieting full stop but have found that I'm comfort eating and need some sort of plan in place if Im going to lose the weight. I've read several different threads and am still undecided whether to go for the figure Fat2Fit gives me and not count exercise cals or go with the inactive figure from Fat2Fit and count my exercise cals.....any advice and/or success stories would be most welcome!! Im 5'5", 148 lbs and want to get to about 135lbs (give or take)

Fran :flowerforyou:

Hello and good morning!
    Generally we recommend you use the Scooby calculator to figure out your cut calories. That one takes into account your activity so you do not need to add back in your exercise calaories unless you are netting under BMR.

Hope that helps!
    Have you read the stickies?
    Becca
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    welcome to the group. I've been 12 days in eat more to weigh less.
  • KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome!

I'm 5'5, 33 years old and currently 148 pounds.
    I also would like to go down to 135 pounds, give or take - I'm doing NROLFW and don't care about the scale so much anymore, rather how my clothes fit and getting down another size or two.
    Rather have defined muscles showing than be skinny fat, hehe.

Use the Scooby calculater to calculate your figures:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Ps: Im eating 1900 calories a day, not eating back my exercise calories. Some days I'll be a bit under and some days over, lately I'm happier when I'm over, don't want a too big deficit as I want to lose slow but steady and not end up with loose skin. (I have 3 kids)
    Oh and Ive been eating more for going on 6 weeks now and last week the scale started moving and my cm's are dropping.
    Feel free to add me if you want. :)
  • FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Options
    Thanks guys. Ok, now Im slightly confused. I've been on the Scoobyworkshop sight, entered my details which give the following:

BMR 1419
    TDEE 2200
    15% Cal reduction 1870

THEN, I clicked onto the "most accurate calorie" counter and got the following results:

BMR 1543
    TDEE 2391
    15% Cal reduction 2033

Why are they different?

PS. what are stickies???? lol
  • DoubleE615312
    DoubleE615312 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. Ok, now Im slightly confused. I've been on the Scoobyworkshop sight, entered my details which give the following:

BMR 1419
    TDEE 2200
    15% Cal reduction 1870

THEN, I clicked onto the "most accurate calorie" counter and got the following results:

BMR 1543
    TDEE 2391
    15% Cal reduction 2033

Why are they different?

Did you use a BF% that would give you a big difference? The more lean body mass you have the higher your BMR.

Stickies are topics that are posted. Kept to the top of the discussion list so they don't get lost.
  • FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Options

BMR 1419
    TDEE 2200
    15% Cal reduction 1870

BMR 1543
    TDEE 2391
    15% Cal reduction 2033

Why are they different?

Did you use a BF% that would give you a big difference? The more lean body mass you have the higher your BMR.

Stickies are topics that are posted. Kept to the top of the discussion list so they don't get lost.

I didn't use BF% in either, I put exactly the same details in!?!

Oh right, yes I've read the majority of the stickies, although supposed to be working so keep sneaking on when I get chance lol x
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    Hi there!

I use fat2fit!!

I find it really works for me! I like the consistency and I wont have to recalculate my numbers as I lose weight as it's already figured at maintenence for my goal weight : )

I eat at moderately active and don't eat back exercise cals unless I do any extra or have an especially high burn.

I've been doing it this way since 2.4.12 steadily losing, I have around 30lb to lose.

Hope that helps : )
  • DoubleE615312
    DoubleE615312 Posts: 173 Member
    Options

BMR 1419
    TDEE 2200
    15% Cal reduction 1870

BMR 1543
    TDEE 2391
    15% Cal reduction 2033

Why are they different?

I didn't use BF% in either, I put exactly the same details in!?!

Oh right, yes I've read the majority of the stickies, although supposed to be working so keep sneaking on when I get chance lol x

ok I see the difference when putting in my stats. It is using a different formula on the first page. If you go to the most accurate you can choose which formula you want to use. If you don't know your BF% I would probably stick to the information on the first page. If that doesn't work after some time, then maybe go to the accurate page and pick a formula from there. Hope this helps.