Welcome & Getting Started

Options
So, tomorrow is my first day of the 17DD. After scouring the internet, I was unable to find many active communities. Therefore, I thought I'd start my own and invite all those who were seeking support like me. So, welcome. Please share where you are with your 17DD journey.

UPDATE: On this link introduce yourself to the group. Then find the topic with this weeks date to begin to collaborate with the currently active group. WELCOME :)

Replies

• xoxo99
    xoxo99 Posts: 36
    Options
    Hi there! We'll be on day 1 together looks like!! I'm looking to lose about 25 pounds.
  • trishDC
    trishDC Posts: 51
    Options
    I'm so happy to find a buddy...and someone on the same day as me :). I have about 40 pound to loose and was losing weight on weight watcher, but wanted to find a plan that would have me eating more healthy and could potentially give me quicker results. Anyhow, let's be sure to connect tomorrow. My goal is to post what I've eaten (or plan to eat) and my exercise each day. Goo luck!
  • jkk424
    jkk424 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello! So glad someone started a new chain. I rock thus diet Mon)Fri, but weekends are.hard!!
  • xoxo99
    Options
    Sounds good! I will also post what I eat so that it's viewable! I think I have it set to private but making it public will keep me accountable I'm sure! Good luck! I remember from the first time I did it that the first 3-4 days were ROUGH but that after that I found it fairly simple!! My challenge will be Wednesday. We are having a team day at the beach for my work and are having a BBQ. I'm responsible for bringing two desserts. I will need to summon up all my will power that day!!!
  • trishDC
    Options
    Welcome jkk424. Thanks for joining us.

Well, today is day 1 and I skipped the lemon water this morning, but...I did my 1 hr boxing class, went grocery shopping for the next few days, just ate my eggs and drinking my green tea now. Here we go...:)
  • xoxo99
    Options
    And we're off!! I had a protein fruit smoothie for breakfast. mmm
  • theresamcd2
    theresamcd2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    HI Girls,
    No book Yet.. You have no idea how excited I am about this weight loss journey.. Thanks you for being here.. I need you... Age 43! just took my measurements and need to loose about 35 lbs.
    Had my eggs and sipping green tea too! .. I was on pintrest and saw that there are lots of goodies on there too till I get my bookie..lol Friend me at theresamcd2
    See you around..
  • theresamcd2
    theresamcd2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    YOu can do it. .. Will pray for you...
  • trishDC
    Options
    theresamcd2 - I'm glad you joined us. I'm going to start another topic in this group for great resources / links, like the pinterest one you're talking about. I actually can't believe I started this group - but so happy to find others on Day 1 - cuz I need you 2 :)
  • trishDC
    Options
    Hey girls...Instead of each thread / topic getting so long, I thought we could start a new topic each week to collaborate with each other, share our food exercise, commensurate around our challenges, etc..

So, Iet's move our conversations over the the "Monday, June 11th - Sunday, June 18th" topic and leave this topic for new people joining us.

Here's the link for this week's thread :)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/628048-monday-june-11th-sunday-june-18th
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    thank you sooooo much for inviting me to this group. I am very new to the 17dd. I am actually waiting for my book to arrive in the mail, although I unofficially started last week. I did really well and all thorugh the weekend......was down 4 lbs by friday, then hit a huge wall last night. Overtired. I have my daughter and her family staying with us until their kitchen is remodeled. I am worn out. :( Anyway......struggling this morning. I am eating low carb, just not 17dd. I need a nap LOL and I am going to the grocery store. And REALLY need support........so I am very very glad you started this. Wishing everyone a goood good week. Hugs, Dyanna
  • trishDC
    Options
    dyannajoy - We are here to help. I went to the store this AM and bought a roasted chicken and pre-cut veggies that I could quickly steam in the microwave as my "No Excuse" option not to cook. So, good luck today and welcome to the group.
  • ginnynoodle
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Do you mind if I join? I saw your link on The Doctors TV site.

I will be starting tomorrow with both of my daughters! One is 21 and one is 18.

I am a 49yo, work from home Mom of 3. Married for 26 years. :) Both girls are in college this Fall and my son will be in 4th grade. :) I have well over 100# to "get rid of". I am planning to focus on it 10# at a time! I think the hardest parts for me will be to eat more on a schedule and to exercise between my job at the computer 8 hours and being taxi-mom for 3 kids. But I have to do it!!

Good Luck Everyone!

Ginny :)
  • trishDC
    Options
    ginnynoodle - Welcome to the group. There are quite a few of us that are on day 1 today and a few others that are also in Cycle 1 per se. I like your idea of targeting 10# at a time. I should adopt that as well, since I'm hoping to lose over 50#. Right now, I'm also trying to focus on today and a plan for tomorrow. Good luck!
  • Lesvel
    Lesvel Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!!
    I have been 'sort of' starting the 17 DD for a couple of weeks (not quite following, cheat weekends, etc) ...I will stay positive and call them my practice weeks. So this time it's really it! I'm ready.

I turned 40 in March and had my first baby on Christmas day 2011...so there have been lots of milestones in the past few months. I want to lose baby weight and more...a total of about 52 lbs. I am back to exercise now (aerobics, running, spinning classes and weights at home). Like trishDC, my goals are to focus on today and plan for tomorrow.

Even with some cheats I'm down about 6 lbs so I'm very excited to get serious on Cycle 1 and lose some more.

Please feel free to add me as a friend, I thing the accountability of you seeing my journals will be good motivation for me.

See you all on the other posts.
  • PamelaWba
    PamelaWba Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hey, i'm Pamela. This sounds interesting. Can i have more information about the 17 day diet challenge?
  • Hperches
    Hperches Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I am hoping to lose about 40 pounds and look and feel better. Cant wait to have more energy....
  • trishDC
    Options
    Welcome Lesve. I'm glad to hear you're having success even with some cheats.

Hi Pamela! I've updated the group homepage where you can learn more about the 17 day diet plan, by Dr. Mike Moreno. Check out the links at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/6330-17-day-diet-plan-challenge-jun-2012. And, in the Cycle One topic it has the list of foods for the first 17 day cycle.

Hperches - Welcome as well. Are you focusing on the 17 Day Diet plan as well? A group of us started today and many others are in Cycle 1.
  • tsimmmer
    tsimmmer Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I would like to join in as well! I bought my 17 day diet book a while ago online to save money through Kobo Ebook Service; I can access it anywhere using my Kobo E-Reader, Blackberry Playbook and Phone, or Computer. The free app download is available on many different devices and the book is only $15.99 (You can also get the cookbooks as well). http://www.kobobooks.com

I completed cycle 1 once (lost 14lbs) and then kind of fell off the wagon (trying to break our habit of eating out ALOT) but I am raring to get back on track and do this right. I have about 100lbs to lose and love that this is a plan that can really be a lifestyle not a diet. A challenge is a great idea and it is always helpful to see how others are making it work for them. My day 1 starts tomorrow as I have a side challenge with my roommates that runs Tues-Monday.

If anyone is interested, I made a cool little spreadsheet to hang on the fridge that I will be using to check off my daily requirements and lists allowable foods at a glance to help me stay on track. I would be happy to email it to you if you like, just send me your email address here and I will send it to you.

Cheers, Tetcha
  • teagardengirl
    Options
    Hi
    I am starting the 17 day diet tomorrow, and am excited to find some others focusing on the same plan. Mind if I join? Also is anyone interested in being friends so we can keep each other accountable with our food logs? I know I need it.