Monday, June 11th - Sunday, June 18th

Options
Instead of each thread getting so long, I thought we could start a new topic each week to collaborate with each other, share our food exercise, commensurate around our challenges, etc..

D1C1 for me
- 60 min LA Boxing class
- Grocery shopping for my food :)
- Morning eggs and tea.

I'll check in later with an update.

Replies

• theresamcd2
    theresamcd2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Sounds great Trish..
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    ops....just read the instructions.....will try to follow along! LOL

thank you sooooo much for inviting me to this group. I am very new to the 17dd. I am actually waiting for my book to arrive in the mail, although I unofficially started last week. I did really well and all thorugh the weekend......was down 4 lbs by friday, then hit a huge wall last night. Overtired. I have my daughter and her family staying with us until their kitchen is remodeled. I am worn out. :( Anyway......struggling this morning. I am eating low carb, just not 17dd. I need a nap LOL and I am going to the grocery store. And REALLY need support........so I am very very glad you started this. Wishing everyone a goood good week. Hugs, Dyanna
  • trishDC
    trishDC Posts: 51
    Options
    Dyanna - Now worries, the group stuff is all new to me. So I encourage you all to post wherever if needed. I replied to you in the "Welcome" but still thought I'd share here that....we are here to help. I went to the store this AM and bought a roasted chicken and pre-cut veggies that I could quickly steam in the microwave as my "No Excuse" option not to cook. So, good luck today and welcome to the group.
  • xoxo99
    xoxo99 Posts: 36
    Options
    Good job Trish! I am still recovering from a concussion so have good and bad days. Today is not a good idea so I think I will try to get a half hour walk in and possibly some squats, sit ups and that sort of thing which doesn't hurt my head. So far so good for me but night time is always the most challenging part for me! Any good snack ideas?
  • phyllisann26
    phyllisann26 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Breakfast-Boiled eggs, Green Tea, Apple, Water
    Workout-30 minute walk

Lunch-Salad from cafeteria at work

Snack ideas-Cottage cheese (either by itself or add sugarfree jelly or sprinkle with cinnamon and turvia), Greek Yogurt with sugarfree jelly
  • Lesvel
    Lesvel Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Made these last night and they are really, really good! I don't like eggs so I've been experimenting with turkey patties for breakfast and this one is the best so far, not dry which has been the problem with other versions I've tried. I had them for dinner and again for breakfast this morning...so they are good for any meal or snack.

Low-fat turkey patties:
    Mix together in a bowl:

1 pkg lean ground turkey
    1/4 c. non-fat greek yogurt
    1-2 tbsp. non-fat parmesan cheese (NOT the powdered fake stuff)
    dry herbs/spices to taste (I like spicy so I added a tsp of pepper flakes)

Make small meatball size balls and pan fry with olive oil (my batch did 14 small patties and I used about 2 tbsp oil in total). I put them in the pan then flatten them down with my fingers.

They are sticky and wet but they DO cook really well.

Greek Dip:
    1/2 c. non-fat greek yogurt
    1/4 c. finely chopped clilantro
    zest and juice of one lime (or just juice if you don't want a really strong lime favour).

Pepper Salsa:
    Red, Yellow, Orange bell peppers chopped
    1-2 green onions
    splash of lemon juice

Buzz all together in a food processor for a nice fine dice.

I save the extra turkey patties in a zip lock then keep in the fridge. Microwave for 1 1/2 min to reheat and top with dip and salsa. YUMMMY!
  • onamission7486
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I would like to start the Challenge. I'm already on something similar, so I will just jump on, It looks like I've already followed what to eat today! What book should I pick up?
  • trishDC
    Options
    onamission748 - Most of us are following the book from http://www.the17daydiet.com/...although, I bought my book on Amazon.
  • Lesvel
    Options
    Monday is almost over for me! Did GREAT thanks to the welcome motivation I woke up to this morning with this new group. How did you do today?

I didn't get any green tea in but did get lots of water and ate on plan except some avocado and few almonds.

One meal at a time, one day at a time, one pound at a time. It all adds up and I am DETERMINED to be successful at my weight loss efforts!
  • theresamcd2
    Options
    I did great eating today ... My sister came home form the hospital with the baby and I got a flat tire so I was a a bit busy helping her out and had no time for exercise.

Breakfast
    Eggs - Fried (whole egg), 3 large
    Hot Tea - Tea With Cream & Agave 8 oz

Lunch
    Generic - Tuna & Vegetable Salad, 1/2 can
    Generic - Hot Green Tea, 1 cup
    Fage - Greek Style Yougurt Plain, 0.5 cup

Dinner
    Trader Joe's - Wild Nova Smoked Alaskan Sockeye Salmon, 2 oz
    Carrots - Raw, 0.25 cup, chopped
    generic hot green tea
  • theresamcd2
    Options
    Thanks Again everyone for being here... I felt like today was a great start.. Good Luck tomorrow..
  • trishDC
    Options
    So, I've just finished D1C1 and went ok....but, I need to make adjustments tomorrow. How many calories are most other targeting? I think it's a minimum of 1200, but I didn't get there.

1) It seems that I only had 1100 calories today and I felt like I was constantly eating. Tomorrow I will need to eat larger portions of protein in my meals.
    2) Tomorrow I will drink my lemon water in the AM
    3) I typically don't drink caffeine, so I had issues with the caffeinated green tea. I've now purchased caffeine free, so I might try to mix them both a bit.
    4) I think I was supposed to have fat free yogurt??? I will need to shop again tomorrow for a change on Wednesday.

Anyhow, here's my meals for today. Tomorrow I plan to be more creative with turkey meet and buying some fresh fish.

Breakfast
    Eggs - Hard-boiled (whole egg),
    Celestial Seasonings - Green Tea , 1 tea bag

Lunch
    Chicken - Breast, meat only, cooked, roasted, 1 cup, chopped or diced
    Broccoli Steamed - Broccoli Steamed (Plain), 1 Cup
    Generic - Brocolini, 1 cup raw
    Kikkoman Soy Sauce - Low Sodium, 1 Tbsp

Dinner
    Chicken - Breast, meat only, cooked, roasted, 1 cup, chopped or diced
    Carrots - Baby, raw
    Generic - Brocolini, 1/2 cup raw
    Fat Free Ginger Dressing

Snacks
    Fage - Total 2% Plain Greek Yogurt
    Fruit - Apricot - Raw, 1 apricot
    Fresh Grapes - Seedless Red
    Breakstone's Fat Free Cottage Cheese 4oz - Cottage Cheese
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Trish I am on day 11 and it's definitely hard to get those calories up.
    Have you read that nuts not allowed on cycle 1? I have book but can't see it in there. I did abstain from nuts but last few days have had 28g raw, unsalted cashews. Mostly to up the calories. My diary is open.
    You did really well first day.
  • trishDC
    Options
    suziecue66 - Thanks for the input. It's nice to know others are struggling with the calories. I haven't seen anything about nuts, but will look into that.

D2C1 for me. I just got back from my 60 min LA Boxing class and WoW it was struggle. I felt so weak in comparison to previous weeks (where I was eating on weight watchers plan). So, today I'm going to try and increase the size of my proteins to see if that helps on getting more calories...cuz, I can't imagine eating too many more veggies :)

Good luck to everyone today!!!
  • xoxo99
    Options
    Day 1 went fairly well but I definitely did not get my calories in. I'm a pretty picky eater so have a tough time.

As for the nuts, they are not allowed until cycle 3. Dr. Mike has a website where he answers questions and it was on there.
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I am sad to reply that yesterday was not good for me. I slipped Sunday nite and yesterday I fell:sad: BUT today is a new day! I am drinking my lemon water and will eat brekky......probably a smoothie (I have a hard time eating solid food early in the morning) and I WILL be back on track TODAY!!! SOOOOO thankful to have this support here...........please don't stop! I need you!!! :laugh: :love: :flowerforyou: :heart: Dyanna
  • moniew24
    moniew24 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Good morning all, D2C1 started off pretty good, I have made a small adjustment to the plan because I am eating oatmeal for breakfast, I have to have something a little more filling, but I feel great. I didnt get all of my calories in because I am still staying on my regular workout routine so I burned almost 300 calories.
  • xoxo99
    Options
    We all have those days Dyanna!! Don't sweat it!!!! Back on track and on with the program!!

Monie) - you are allowed to skip cycle 1 and start with cycle 2 if that helps. :smile:
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Day 1 went fairly well but I definitely did not get my calories in. I'm a pretty picky eater so have a tough time.

As for the nuts, they are not allowed until cycle 3. Dr. Mike has a website where he answers questions and it was on there.

Thanks because I couldnt find anything in the book.
  • Lesvel
    Options
    I got my calories and then some in yesterday!! I DID have some "off plan" foods which bumped up the calories (avocado, nuts and a post 2pm dessert of grilled nectarie, non-fat greek yogurt and a tbsp of maple syrup...which was a cheat but nothing like I'd been doing so I'm okay with that for day 1).

I have been reading some boards about yogurt: non-fat (0%) plain is recommended. But, I have found that peole say as long as it's under 9g of sugar you are still okay. I go with this guideline because the non-fat Activia Vanilla yogurt is 9g on the nose and it's a probiotic which you're supposed to get in 2x a day. I love non-fat plain greek yogurt so that's not hard for me, but "Dr. Mike" says to add your berries to it or sugar free fruit jam (didn't know there was such a thing) to give it some more sweetness.

For getting those calories in I make sure I eat...lots. Feels a bit odd on a 'diet' but I make sure I have 3-4 oz protien servings, try to have protien at each meal and snack, get my fruit servings in and have 1-2 protien shakes a day (I use Isofemme vanilla and unsweetened almond milk).

Happy Tuesday everyone...and on to Day 2!!!!