Nausea and Diet

Options
melisha922
melisha922 Posts: 19 Member
One of my big problems with meeting my calorie goal is that a lot of the meds I'm on make me nauseous, especially if I don't eat. So then I eat carbs- potatoes and rice usually. For some reason they help. Anyhow, does anyone else have this problem? More importantly, has anyone else figured a way to combat nausea without eating too much?

Replies

• fuzzbugjr
    fuzzbugjr Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I know it's been a while since you've posted this question, but I've just come back.....again. Anyway, I have the same problem with some of my meds. If the nausea is mild, I used candied ginger (bulk section at my grocery store or at a health food store). I cut the slices into smaller pieces of about 1/4" to 1/2". I treat them like hard candy. If the nausea is particularly bad, I go to my old standby of classic coke. I keep of 6 pack of cans, but preferable, a pack of 20 oz bottles at hand. The bottles do not go flat as fast as the cans do once they are open. I'll sip on the coke throughout the day. It really helps me. A 20 oz bottle will usually last me 2 - 3 days. Hope these ideas help you a bit.
  • melisha922
    melisha922 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I actually drink coke every day bc it keeps me from having migraines (a whole different illness, lol). Anyhow, I have noticed that the coke also helps with my nausea. I think I'll pick up some of those ginger candies too. Anything to help =)
  • fuzzbugjr
    fuzzbugjr Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You are welcome.

And thanks for helping me make the connection between Coke and migraine relief.