So confused and frustrated I feel sick

Options
pg1girl
pg1girl Posts: 268 Member
I started my journey back in December at 153 lbs and 1200 calories per day. I ate back the majority of my exercise calories. After losing 21 lbs I plateaued for about 1 month then I found EMTWL and began lifting heavy. At the start of EMTWL I weighed 131.8 lbs. two days ago I got on the scale and I weighed 140.2. Frustrated, depressed, down in the dumps....all of the above. Since I began I was eating my TDEE minus 15 which was 1760. For a while I had made the mistake of eating back exercise calories but got on track about a month ago. The day I weighed myself I vowed I was going to eat my BMR and exercise calories but then ended up upping my calories to 2000. Good Lord help me through this process. I don't know if this is right or is what I should be doing....particularly with such a big gain. At 131.8 I had such a great collarbone....now I don't see it. My scale says my body fat has gone from 24.3 up to 26.5. What the heck am I doing wrong? Please help....feeling desperate right now and feel like I am losing control.

Replies

• Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    bump - i wish i could help. i feel the same way alot of the time. sorry you are going through this and i hope you soon find a balance and what works for you. you look great btw
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Im sorry you're feeling down. Seems like you might need to stick with it another 2-4 weeks before you change anything, consistency is key. It will get better!

If you havent been watching your macros, I'd recommend setting them to about 40/40/30 carb/fat/protein, and make sure you are keeping most of your eating choices clean. I havent looked at your diary so I am not sure what your eating is like.

Its also very important to make sure you have chosen the correct activity level. I would look at the hours you worked out last week, and compare that against the scooby calculator.

Hope that helps!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for how you're feeling....I'm giving a HUGE virtual hug right now!

I'm sure others will chime in with some feedback but here are some of my thoughts....

I forget exactly how long you've been doing EM2WL but it sounds like it's been at least 4 weeks, if not more. Some people it takes anywhere from 6-8 weeks to really see a difference. I'm one of those people. It took 6 solid weeks of eating this way for it to finally click with my body. And yes I remember feeling the same way you are feeling right now.

Also, it sounds like you haven't been eating consistently at a regular caloric value as you've been trying to figure out what amount to eat. Your body may still very well be confused and hanging on to the calories until some consistency is in place.

Again, I could be totally wrong but that's just what my gut said to me after reading your post.
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Im sorry you're feeling down. Seems like you might need to stick with it another 2-4 weeks before you change anything, consistency is key. It will get better!

If you havent been watching your macros, I'd recommend setting them to about 40/40/30 carb/fat/protein, and make sure you are keeping most of your eating choices clean. I havent looked at your diary so I am not sure what your eating is like.

Its also very important to make sure you have chosen the correct activity level. I would look at the hours you worked out last week, and compare that against the scooby calculator.

Hope that helps!

That's the other thing I meant to mention was macros so I'm glad momofmyfivekids mentioned it. Pay close attention to those macros and that will help you stay consistent, as well.
  • pg1girl
    Options
    I was eating at 1760 for about 7 weeks. Maybe it is my macros. They have always been set to 40//30/30 but I haven't been bang on with it. I almost always have at least one glass of red wine while cooking dinner each night. Maybe that contributes tout cause I have heard that can happen. I have also heard a 5oz glass is good for you too though. I'm going to stick to the 2000 for a while and see what happens. Activity level was set to very active as I workout at least 6 days per week but now that is a mix of cardio and lifting days.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Ummmm,
    How close are you to your goal weight? If you're close to goal, your cut should be lower (5-10%) for a steady loss.
    When you were eating at 1200+exercise calories, were you at least netting your BMR? If not you might need to do the reset for 6-8 weeks.
    How long have you been lifting heavy? Weeks, months? You may be putting on water weight due to the new activity (DOM).
    How long have you been doing EM2WL? I ask because it seems your calorie intake has kinda been erratic (I did the same thing), so your body's not sure what to expect. It may be holding on to the fat as well.

Use the Scooby site and plug your numbers in (make sure your activity level is correct). If your gonna do the reset eat at TDEE for 6-8 weeks, otherwise pick a % cut and stick with it for 6-8 weeks to see where your at. Take pictures and measure...your body can have changes (for the better) and you may not realize it!

Have you been able to read the stickies (red pins), they're really helpful and where I get answers to many of the questions I had.
    There's also UTube posts that are pretty great, too!

Hope that helps some, until a mod comes along!
    Best wishes on your journey!
  • pg1girl
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your comments. I used the scooby and it gave me 1982 per day. I will stick with this for the next 4 weeks at a minimum and see how it goes.
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Bump, because I want to see the responses. And hugs to you, my friend. :flowerforyou:
  • becky3277
    becky3277 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I swear it's water weight! Could you be over training?