hi bikram yogis!

Options
I'm new to MFP and just thought I'd say hi to my fellow Bikramers! I've been practicing for about 6 months now and I'm completely hooked -- finished my first 30 day challenge last month and was so proud! Loved (almost) every minute of it, too :)

Whilst I've lost about a stone in the past year or so I wouldn't say I've lost a noticeable amount of weight through Bikram alone, particularly, although I have seen an increase in muscle whilst not putting on weight so I suppose I must have lost fat, if that makes sense! But I've definitely toned up and am far more flexible and stronger and that's definitely all thanks to the yoga.

Anyway, in my aim to lose the final 6-7lbs or so I signed up here to keep a closer eye on my consumption & exercise, so hopefully this will prove key to shedding that last bit of weight! Would love to connect with fellow Bikram fans so please feel free to add me! :)

Replies

• jiabman
    jiabman Posts: 19
    Options
    That is so amazing! I do (at some point) want to complete a 30 day challenge, but am finding it difficult to schedule with work travel, etc. I think I should start with a week and see what happens :-). I, too, haven't lost much weight due to bikram, but am stronger and am definitely making better eating choices when I am planning on going to class...don't want to get sick.

Stay strong and feel free to add me :)
  • georgina131
    Options
    Yeah -- I do think it's a huge help in that respect -- you get nervous about eating anything too heavy before classes because you know it'll come back to bite you in the torture chamber!

And it IS a huge commitment, I had to wait a while until I had a month clear of travel etc. but it's worth it if it's possible!

Take care, and namaste! :smile: