Binge

Options
Morgandobes
Morgandobes Posts: 66 Member
Well, I have been feeling it coming on for several days now, so I decided to do one "controlled" binge day
yesterday. This morning, the feeling to binge/cheat is gone, and I feel like I can get back on track today.

Not feeling really guilty about it, trying to stay cool about it and say sh** happens, lets move on.

Lisa

Replies

• KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Dont feel guilty. If you cant enjoy yourself every now and then and feel like this is the way you will be able to live forever, then it will fail.
    You are in the right mindset according to me. :) Just keep on going, one day will not make you trip or fall. Maybe try and incorporate weekly treats still...it helps me a lot! I love my Dark chocolate, I have 4 small blocks and its like a 120 cal treat. I can do that every day if I want. Ice cream too, or frozen yoghurt, love it. Moderation is key and if it fits your macros and daily calorie goal, then treat yourself by being responsible in doing so.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Saelina
    Saelina Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa :)

Yep, today is a new day. Question for you.. do you have your macro's set to the 40% carb, 30% protein, 30% fat? I have found keeping my macros in line really has improved my ability to keep cheat days in check. The high protein keeps me very full. In addition to that, I try to mix in the foods that I crave here and there as long as it fits within my macro's during the day.

Kiki had a great line.. "if it fits in my macros it fits in my mouth!"

Loved it, and I've juggled my favorite junk foods in thinking that way and staying within my calories.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Hey there are you eating at cut or metabolism reset...I will be honest, if you check my diary I eat snacks every single day. I just fit them in my ratios and because I am at TDEE it really isn't hard at all...matter of fact I have to put a couple goodies in there to make my number.

But there is nothing wrong with a spike day, when I was eating at cut, I would do a spike day sometimes twice a week. I just found that in meeting my protein macros for sure, I tended to really not even binge on those days...lol.

Anyway, keep up the great work!
  • Morgandobes
    Morgandobes Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi all-
    Thanks for all the great responses.
    I havent been watching my macros at all. I do fit some of my favorite foods in almost everday,
    but lately the HUNGRIES have been really getting to me.

Maybe I need to pay more attention to my macros and make sure instead of occasionally eating junk food,
    to watch my macros and make sure I am fitting in enough protein to stay full.

I am trying to eat at tdee - 20% cut since I have like 100 lbs to lose.

Thanks all for the support!
    Love ya!
    Lisa
    :flowerforyou:
  • Saelina
    Saelina Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Definitely start watching your macros, you can manually set them in your goals. It made a huge difference for me in curbing cravings and hunger every day.

You'll do great, keep at it!