Welcome!

Options

Replies

• Igoligirl
    Igoligirl Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Joining the 30 club! I want to fit into a size 8 by December for my sister's wedding. Not going to be the "sporty" bridesmaind :wink:
  • Igoligirl
    Igoligirl Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I started leaving my debit card at home too! I buy gift cards to subway at the beginning of each month so I have a predetermined amount of money to spend on healthier food than junk. It is also saving me money. :happy:
  • Whitneybaker15
    Whitneybaker15 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 20 lbs by the end of August, this would put me under 200 lbs!
  • Healthy_Melva
    Healthy_Melva Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi, I want to lose 12 lbs. by August 26th. I have found that I can't go below the 1570 calories a day, which says that I will lose 1/2 pound a week, so I'm adding in as much cardio as I can. This is a challenge for me because I am disabled, so have to work up very slowly. I started a walking program 7 weeks ago and have lost 6 lbs. It will also be a challenge to keep this up over the summer because it gets to hot here, that I will have to get up 2 hours earlier than usual to beat the heat or get in the car and drive to the mall before coffee in order to walk before the stores. No coffee! Oh no! That will be a big sacrifice.
  • Healthy_Melva
    Options
    Hi Sharon, I'll happily be your accountable partner. It's going to be hard for me to keep up my cardio during the summer. What is your biggest downfall?
  • bethiev1
    bethiev1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 30 lbs this summer as well!! I've done Weight Watchers, counting calories, etc. I've lost 60 lbs at one time and then gained most of it back, then lost 40+ and gained it back. I need to lose probably a total of 70 AND KEEP IT OFF!!! I love the thought of encouraging each other even if we don't know each other. I'm excited to join!! :-)
  • brutalrage
    brutalrage Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have already lost about 15lbs in the last month but would like to be under 350lbs by the end of the summer and hopefully weight about 300lbs by the end of the year if I am lucky. I have only reccetly got back on the weight lost wagon at the beginining of last month. Hopefully by joining this group I will have additional modivation to stick with it.
  • Healthy_Melva
    Options
    I'm glad I saw this group! I've been a member of MFP since April. I've been actively trying to lose weight since the end of April, and have dropped 12 lbs and some inches since then. It helps me to know that I have someone to account to for my exercise and eating habits besides myself. I have over 30lbs to lose, I'm not looking at the big picture, but am taking my loss in 10lb increments, with rewards for myself as I reach them.

I accept your challenge, am happy to join this group, and would love to see 30 more pounds gone by the end of summer!!

Hi Tina, I have more than 45 pounds to lose, but I'm only putting in 20 pound increments to keep me motivated. If I put in the entire desired weight loss, my calories plument. I don't think I can eat those few calories a day. What kind of rewards are you giving yourself when you reach your short-term goals?

Melva
  • LetsGetIt76
    Options
    Just joined the group. Was doing well late last year, but completely fell off the bus, car, airplane, bandwagon, all of the above. Looking to lose 30 (or more) by mid to end September. So many reasons I need to do this, but the one that sticks out above all right now is simply to show that I can stick to something, and not give up. I always start out strong, get healthier, see results, then slack off. So tired of this rollercoaster. Accountability is a must!
  • lauries3
    lauries3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    30 POUNDS would just be lovely, that would put me in ONDerland. I am looking forward to this challenge!
  • Dystine
    Dystine Posts: 10
    Options
    I just joined and i would like to lose 30-40lbs by September for my sons 5th birthday! Good luck everyone!
  • RunAmock
    RunAmock Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am late in getting my entry in....but I would like to lose 30 pounds by my birthday, August 24th. We can do this. :)

Maribeth
  • rycervantes
    rycervantes Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 30 pounds by September and I just started eating right as of Monday so it's perfect. I'm hoping to take it a day at a time but with all your help I know I will succeed. Good Luck Everyone!! We are all going to be winners! YEAH!!

-Rebecca
  • eternity365
    eternity365 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Edita, I would like to lose 30 lbs by the end of September. My biggest challenge is to stick to 1200 kcal per day. I would appreciate your support.
  • aimeeus
    aimeeus Posts: 4
    Options
    Hallo. My name is Aimee. I want to lose 50lb all together. I'm a bit confused about what to eat and how many calories to eat. I use the app thinger and it always says I'll lose more the fewer calories I eat but then I read conflicting advice stating that eating fewer calories will actually hinder weight loss. I don't know what to believe, it's very frustrating. This is the first group I've joined. I'm a bit nervous!

Thanks.

Aimee.
  • babypinky8489
    babypinky8489 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Christina ! I'm excited to be part of this group . I'm lookin to loose 30 lbs by August. I officially started my weight loos journey again last week and lost 4 pounds , went from 170 lbs to 166lbs I'm lookin to get back down to 140 pounds.i would appreciate your support and feel free to add me .
  • gemigirl
    gemigirl Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello, thanks for starting this group! I'm Kate and I am ready to take on this challenge - my goal is to lose 30 lbs. by September 1st. Good luck to all :)
  • shea14shea
    shea14shea Posts: 18
    Options
    WSBRI4: Have you tried a liver and colon cleanse? Sometimes that can stunt progress because your body isn't at it's maximum functioning level for getting rid of fat and waste. Just a thought.
  • shea14shea
    Options
    Aimeeus: Eating too few calories will slow your metabolism down. That's why you should get at least 1200 calories. Plus you need the vitamins and energy from food. Reducing calories (the number depending on your size, usually 1200-1500) will lose weight. Make sure you get lots of fiber. Eating breakfast is a biggie too. If you want to be more diligent about it you can eat the right foods and your weight loss will be even better, like fruits and veggies that burn more calories than they are worth, or metabolism boosters like cinnamon and basil, lots of lean protein, especially in the mornings or around workout time, trying to get your starches in the AM instead of the PM, and aiming for your fats to be unsaturated, with a goal of no trans fats. And lots of water. You can put lemon juice in your water and that will help too but be forewarned that excessive citrus is bad for teeth enamel. And if you can, do your working out in the AM, combining some sort of vigorous cardio with some sort of muscle training that is best for your body type. Cleaning out the colon and liver can help big time, and if you notice a plateau you might want to invest in one. I'm hoping to start one next week. Just cutting calories and working out a few times a week will lose weight, and when I'm having a busy week, that's what I do. But doing any of that other stuff will lose more weight, and quicker. Hope there was something useful to you in there.
  • shea14shea
    Options
    Hello, I have 10-15 pounds remaining, and I want it gone by the end of August. I don't have an exact amount because it really depends more on my size and body toning. I am currently 155 and a size 10-12. I want to be a toned (not buff) 7-9. I want smaller arms, no more muffin top, and everything else to pick itself back up. I was 140-145 before my last child (who is now 4), and I want to be there again.