Anyone see progress after 6+ weeks?

Options
graysmom2005
graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
Hey guys! 6 weeks with no progress yet, so I was wondering if I could hear some awesome stories! Did it take some of you 7-8 weeks to start to see inches go down etc? Thanks!!

Replies

• missdimpley
    missdimpley Posts: 192
    Options
    No progress for me :) 6th week starts tomorrow.. but I've been doing reset.. gained. but maintain within 1-2 out of 9-10 gain past 5 weeks. I'm ok with that :) I will start the cut on July 3rd! can't wait.. are you sure that you stay over your BMR when you work out a lot? I know you are very ACTIVE lol
  • graysmom2005
    Options
    With my TDEE being so high, I think I figured it out that I'd have to burn over 1300 calories to go under my BMR (1600) so for the most part I think I'm ok? NO ONE ELSE? If you saw results had you seen them by now??
  • nyspotlight
    nyspotlight Posts: 124
    Options
    I'm only now just starting to see some slooooow results. And it's been maybe 6 or 7 weeks.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Ok, I had results at the six week mark which I have in my pics...but remember girl this board are for those going through the journey and needing support...so many kind of fall away after a while because they are getting results. So I hope some will jump in this thread because I know you don't want to hear it just from me:-)
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I did not do a reset. I just upped my calories with 3 days a week strength training and 1 to 2 days of cardio and I saw little progress around 5 to 6 weeks. And then week 8 it was like inches just dropped off. Since I began in March, I gained ONLY 4 lbs BUT size 4s roomy and some 2s fit perfect! Stay consistent with your intake and workouts and stay off the scale!
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    My advice is to take pictures..

I just took some pics yesterday, and previously took them when i started in March.. and although not much has changed on the scale or in the inches, the pictures show a difference.
  • ladyace2078
    ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I never ate at a very low calories. The lowest I ever went was 1700 calories, but I was on bedrest and probably not burning much more than that. I stayed at that when I started working out again for almost 6 weeks and was very hungry so I started eating back a few hundred of my exercise calories. I was at a plateau for the entire 6 weeks. Once I increased my calories to 2200 I started to see very small changes (like 0.5 lb in 3 weeks). It took about a full 6 weeks eating at 2200 calories (TDEE was 2700) to lose a 2 pounds. Upped calories again to 2400 based on BF% and change in workouts so a higher TDEE. Saw 2 lb in 4 weeks. I have again changed my workouts to higher intensity so I'm going to increase to 2500 maybe even 2600 depending on how I'm feeling.

However I am super close to goal weight - only 10 lbs and I'm working on dropping BF% and losing inches not necessarily the scale. I don't expect it to move much at this stage. Taking pictures helped me tremendously, as did trying on the same pair of pants and same dress every week.
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

It took me 9 weeks to see results. I'm down 2.5 inches, but still up 6 pounds from the onset of EM2WL......although I haven't gained since week 6.

I started NROLFW at week 6 and I'm loving the results so far.

Hang in there, I felt like giving up so many times......... :flowerforyou:
  • NWdreaming
    NWdreaming Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi! I didn't do the full reset but I did up my calories about 2 months ago (from 1200 to 1800-2000). I didn't really gain too much from the "program", I gained while on vacation from all the sodium. I maintained for a few weeks and gained while on vacation, then lost that gain in a week of being home. So I am trending downward again and even though the scale hasn't moved much, I lost 10 inches in May. I do have a lot of weight to lose though! I think we just have to remember that this is a life long journey and our goals may take some time to reach doing it this way but hopefully it will be easier to maintain.

11490831.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • lindsayjdodd
    lindsayjdodd Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I've been eating more for 15 weeks now :)

I started at 161.8, dropped 2.8 lbs (down to 159.0) two weeks in. Then jumped back up 3 lbs, and just kind fluctuated between 161 and 163.. until Lucia convinced me to take the full plunge to a 15% cut, instead of 20%, which equates to 2,000 calories for me. That made my body very happy apparently, because I've now gotten down to 158.0 and not jumped back up. I upped to 2,000 cals 3 weeks ago. Also, I've lost 1.5" from my waist, 1" from my hips, 2" from my bust, 0.5" from my upper arm, 0.5" from my thigh, and 1.5" from my belly button (just started measuring my belly button 2-3 weeks ago). Total loss so far is 7" and 3.8 lbs! I am happy with that!!

Also, what's really helped me is that Hacker's Diet chart, because I saw that my weight was actually trending downward, and it helped me not care so much about the daily fluctuations!
  • graysmom2005
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I really needed to hear this today! I whipped out the tape measure today and I'm the same as I was in the beginning. Up from where I started. Have no idea about weight..but I can tell I've gained as my body looks much worse, and clothes aren't fitting well. Beginning to think it's just not going to work for me, so I am glad I heard some success!

I wish my TDEE was more consistant. My days are all over the place so I never know where to hold my calories. Last week it was lower. Average was 2700. This week is going to be bananas. I have THREE classes to teach for the next two days. Each day. 6 classes in 48 hours. Phew!! So I went down a hair to 2400 from 25-2600 since my TDEE has gone down a bit from fewer classes due to Summer schedule. But then 2400 is going to give me a massive deficit for the next two days. But THEN I have an anniversary dinner and a barbeque this weekend which will be high calorie. Sigh. I feel like I'm not doing this right and I'm all over the place. I just want this to work, and for me to do it right. Any more success stories are always WELCOME!! :flowerforyou:
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I really needed to hear this today! I whipped out the tape measure today and I'm the same as I was in the beginning. Up from where I started. Have no idea about weight..but I can tell I've gained as my body looks much worse, and clothes aren't fitting well. Beginning to think it's just not going to work for me, so I am glad I heard some success!

I wish my TDEE was more consistant. My days are all over the place so I never know where to hold my calories. Last week it was lower. Average was 2700. This week is going to be bananas. I have THREE classes to teach for the next two days. Each day. 6 classes in 48 hours. Phew!! So I went down a hair to 2400 from 25-2600 since my TDEE has gone down a bit from fewer classes due to Summer schedule. But then 2400 is going to give me a massive deficit for the next two days. But THEN I have an anniversary dinner and a barbeque this weekend which will be high calorie. Sigh. I feel like I'm not doing this right and I'm all over the place. I just want this to work, and for me to do it right. Any more success stories are always WELCOME!! :flowerforyou:

Wow, your situation is so unique because you are in a constant state of "WORKOUT"...lol. How is your protein intake? Are you hitting your macros? You do need extra carbs for the high cardio... I almost feel like you just may not be eating enough, there is a sweet spot for you and I know without a doubt that you especially need to fuel with the taxation on your body...we just have to find the "sweet" spot for you!

Oh btw, have you checked out the "Before/Progress/After" thread...there are some inspiring posts answering your question with pics too! Take a look.

Lucia
  • graysmom2005
    Options
    Thanks Lucia, I will check it out! I may go over a hair on carbs some days, but my protein is always bonkers. I go over every day and I have it at 40/30/30. Fat is the only thing I never quite hit, but I'm trying! I eat full fat greek yogurt through OUT the day! I have my monthly average. Today when I checked the BMF it was 3000 on the nose, so my cut should be 2550. That is where I've been hanging the whole time with absolutely no results. It's like groundhog day. For a month and a half. With a feeling that no change is coming. I just don't feel like it's going to change. I will check out that thread!
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    I was into week 7 before I started to see any progress : )
  • graysmom2005
    Options
    I was into week 7 before I started to see any progress : )
    I love you for telling me this. :-) What were you doing? Was it scale or inches? I'm wondering if I should man up and start weighing myself. I've been looking for inches but it isn't happening yet.
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Also, what's really helped me is that Hacker's Diet chart, because I saw that my weight was actually trending downward, and it helped me not care so much about the daily fluctuations!

I LOVE the Hacker's Diet chart for that reason. It's so encouraging that even when weight is fluctuating I can see the overall downward trend!
  • graysmom2005
    Options
    I think I'm going to give this one more week, and then I think I've decided I'm going to bow out. :frown:
    Maybe my body just isn't able to handle these calories even with all the working out. My nutritionist said no more than 2200 and maybe he was right. I think Kiki and Lucia are awesome and I'm so happy this is working for some people, but I'm officially miserable. I have ONE pair of Bodycombat shorts that I wear to teach (70 bucks a pop. UGH) and for the past few weeks I have taken pictures in them to compare. I look worse and worse and then are so uncomfortable. I can barely teach in them. Maybe if I was in another profession I could keep muddling through, but here I am at the front of the class and i'm supposed to model fitness. Where was now I'm spilling out of my shorts to the point where it's giving me a wedgie while I teach. I feel awful and my self confidence is down in the dumps. I was feeling good before...was curious if maybe this would help me break through a plateau, but after a month and a half of feeling worse and worse about myself I think it's time for me to give it up. Just me personally though..it seems to help a bunch of people..but maybe as an average size woman one can only handle so many calories no matter how much one is working out. I'll give this maybe one more week as some people seemed to see a difference around this time...but I think I'll maybe just be thankful for how I looked at the beginning of this process and come to terms with it...because the way I'm feeling sitting in these shorts right now...about to preach fitness...it just feeling too awful. :cry:
  • rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    this is what i would do if i were you....

figure the average TDEE for an entire month. ignore the fact that some days are 2700 and others are 3500. yes, the number swings wildly, but i would not concern myself with that. get a daily average for an entire month. take 10% off that number. since the average is gonna be a pretty high number, i think it is better to take a smaller percentage cut. 15% for a high burner could be 500 calories a day, and that might just be too big of a deficit. i would just take 10% off. i would eat that amount EVERY DAY REGARDLESS OF EVERYTHING for at least a month, probably longer.

personally, i would continue to wear the BMF, but i wouldn't let the daily readouts sway me from that 10% cut number. honestly, you might need to take it off because it's as bad as the scale for you. you have the info you need from it. act on that information and don't let all the other numbers cloud the issue.

just my 0.02.
  • rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to give this one more week, and then I think I've decided I'm going to bow out. :frown:
    Maybe my body just isn't able to handle these calories even with all the working out. My nutritionist said no more than 2200 and maybe he was right. I think Kiki and Lucia are awesome and I'm so happy this is working for some people, but I'm officially miserable. I have ONE pair of Bodycombat shorts that I wear to teach (70 bucks a pop. UGH) and for the past few weeks I have taken pictures in them to compare. I look worse and worse and then are so uncomfortable. I can barely teach in them. Maybe if I was in another profession I could keep muddling through, but here I am at the front of the class and i'm supposed to model fitness. Where was now I'm spilling out of my shorts to the point where it's giving me a wedgie while I teach. I feel awful and my self confidence is down in the dumps. I was feeling good before...was curious if maybe this would help me break through a plateau, but after a month and a half of feeling worse and worse about myself I think it's time for me to give it up. Just me personally though..it seems to help a bunch of people..but maybe as an average size woman one can only handle so many calories no matter how much one is working out. I'll give this maybe one more week as some people seemed to see a difference around this time...but I think I'll maybe just be thankful for how I looked at the beginning of this process and come to terms with it...because the way I'm feeling sitting in these shorts right now...about to preach fitness...it just feeling too awful. :cry:

i don't think you should bow out. i think you just haven't gotten it right yet...and that's not a criticism. this process is trial and error for most.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I don't think you should bow out either. You've come this far!