Summer 30 Pound Challenge!! What's your cardio plan?

Options
Drevious
Drevious Posts: 69 Member
Let's encourage each other to get our cardio done! Make sure your settings post your cardio workouts on your newsfeed

I'm going to get back into running 6 days a week (with one rest day to lay around by the pool! :glasses: ) I also decided to start riding a bicycle everywhere that I can.

:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

What's your cardio plan for loosing 30 pounds this summer?

Replies

• ddiana21
    ddiana21 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I just started the c25k, which I will be doing 3 times a week. I also use the elliptical 3-4 data a week and the 30 ds 4 days a week..
  • fibecky
    fibecky Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    u guys are already really fit!!
    decided to write myself a new workout
    *3 times a week*
    20min spin
    20min cross train
    20min treadmill
    plus whole body stregnth & endurance

*2-3 times a week*
    30min walk/ jog building up
    :)
  • tethomas73
    tethomas73 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Everyday I try to do something different.
    30 min treadmill
    30 min elliptical
    30 min circuit training
    30 min weight training
    30 min JM30DS

Always get at least 1hr. work out..
  • dancer77
    dancer77 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I have a dance DVD that I really need to find and I'm going to start running 5k intervals at least three times a week and hopefully six!
  • 71Rach
    71Rach Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My plan is to start up running 4 days a week, Zumba class 2-3 times a week, cycling (indoor or outdoor) 3 times a week, swimming 3 times week and Yoga Stretch 1 time a week.
  • PamelaWba
    PamelaWba Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I used to work out for 2 hours in the gym four time a week.
    But because of the challenge
    I got running in the morning
    And go to the gym for two hours
    I try to burn 1000 calories a day
    And i will try to do this 6 day a week
  • knight76306
    knight76306 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Well, I was doing the C25K, modified, every morning. But since buying this house and trying to get it ready to move in, my cardio has been scraping up floor tile, painting, etc. I am so tired! But, another week and I should be just moving boxes.

Plans for later this week, maybe start next week - back to getting my butt to the gym bright and early (4:30 am) and run for 30 minutes every day.
  • Healthy_Melva
    Healthy_Melva Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I started a 52-week walking program 7 weeks ago. I've been mostly strolling along as I get used to being up and around at all. This week I plan to "walk with purpose" at least 1/3 of each walk.
  • mrssamm
    mrssamm Posts: 2
    Options
    I joined a bootcamp in my neighbourhood and am building my strength to start running.
  • knightmelanie10
    knightmelanie10 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    this is a great program. I have one friend who was very successful with it. I am on my second cycle of trying to complete the whole thing. I get to week 4 and that it about it...so it can go very well or it can be challenging....but that is the great thing, you can work at your own pace and pick up where you left off or start over.....best of luck!!!
  • lindar11201
    lindar11201 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I take a mix of classes at the gym and have been going 5 days a week for an hour each class. I'm trying to be consisent with 6 days, so I am working on that.

I keep saying that one of these days I will start training for a 5k run because it looks like fun! BUT I am horrible at running, so the thought has been daunting...
  • klcousens
    klcousens Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm on day 4 of Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred - I'm a working mom of a 4 month old, so currently it's all I can fit in! But I'd like to start running again soon - maybe I can try fitting in 30 minutes of jogging a few days a week.
  • LetsGetIt76
    Options
    No real plan except just to do it. That's my biggest hurdle, just getting motivated to get to the gym. I can't do it if I'm not there. Goal is to at least go for 45 minutes/5 days a week (treadmill, bike, elliptical, or outside), with a 5 minute cool down after, and stretches to end. Will probably continue this for the first month and then see how it goes.
  • FlyingNunley
    FlyingNunley Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I plan to walk 30 minutes a day M-F
    do heavy lifting while gardening 2 -4 hours a week over 2 days
    reps of core, upper and lower body 3-5 days a week
    I like to change things up and run, bike, or do the wii fit free run 3 days a week as well

My goal is to burn 1000-2000 cals per week!
  • FlyingNunley
    FlyingNunley Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    keep with it! My friend just did this and now she's lean and has guns on her arms!
  • froggygirl72
    Options
    Ok, So i already messed up on the Posts.. hahah
    when are we starting the challange? Lets go, i need someone to review and hold me accountable!! i need some help !!
  • fitnotfat12
    fitnotfat12 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm so new at this! I have a one year old and my plan thus far is just to try to get out for a fast walk/jog/run for 30-60 minutes with him! I have a seat ordered for my bicycle so I can ride with him as well! I should get that in the next few weeks! I need to add more to this I know... Any suggestions?? I'm really out of shape right now, I just finally got under 200lb for the first time in a LONG time! I've always been heavy and I also have PCOS so that makes it that much harder for me to lose weight!! I'll welcome any advice :-) I'm also on the lookout for a treadmill so I can do more cardio while baby naps! But they're SO expensive and we're a single income family! Anyone have any tips for getting a good treadmill on the cheap??
  • lauries3
    lauries3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You are all awesome. I wish that I had the time and the energy to do all that you do. I hope to get there someday. I know as I lose weight my energy levels will go up. I commend you all!
  • Sondee531
    Sondee531 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi, Guys

My Cardio Plan to lose 30 pounds: Cardio Kickboxing 2x/wk, Zumba 2x/wk, Strength Training 3x/wk, and Couch to 5K Run Training 3x/wk (in preparation fo my first 5K in Aug. 2012).
  • patriciagrade
    patriciagrade Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Ok, i'm on week 5 of JM Body Revolution, so I always fit in 30 minutes of her circuit training at 6h30 AM. But I also try to do an extra cardio workout in the afternoon, usually running or at least some house work that pushes me to the limit...

So, for today, I'll be off running for at least 30 minutes.

I'd love to see how much we'll loose together as a community...