Looking for active, dedicated, and supportive friends

Options
JoniBologna
JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
Hi there!

I've been on MFP for quite awhile now. I log everyday and unless on vacation. I don't disappear for weeks or months or stop giving my friends encouragement. It seems overtime this has happened to many of my friends. They simply vanish, and I never hear from them again, or hear from them maybe once every couple of months. Also, I have added some new friends recently, who have never said one word to me, offered me any support, and seem to have no interest in getting to know me.

So, if you are a dedicated and consistent MFP user, who ascribes to the "eat more" way of living, and if you are looking to actually get to know your friends, receive support, and give support back, then please add me. I am looking for more meaningful and supportive friendships.

Thanks!

Replies

• PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    FR sent, I think we started on MFP around the same time. I'm currently going through my friends list, deleting those who eat low or doing "diets", or just in and out at random. Easier to say focused when your friends have mutual goals!
  • witrixie2011
    witrixie2011 Posts: 224
    Options
    Coming up on my 210th day logging in and tracking. Going for a year for sure so if you'd like to friend me after you look at my profile, I'd love to give you support too. :happy:
  • JoniBologna
    Options
    Absolutely! I've definitely seen lots of really nice and interesting people come and go. While I understand those who disappear because they're maintaining, it always breaks my heart when people just stop trying. I'm in this until I reach my goal weight, and I'm not going to give up until then.

Admittedly though, I failed after my intial MFP start date. I gave up and wasn't dedicated. After gaining even more weight from that initial date, I hit rock bottom. I have been totally dedicated since April of 2011 and have logged in for 420+ days in a row.

Thanks for the add. :smile:
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Joni- you're so awesome I'd be your friend twice over :D Plus- how else will I get to experience the beautiful hikes in Colorado? :p
  • nettasaura
    nettasaura Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Sent you a FR! So far I've been pretty chatty and try to be supportive.....even more so to those who chat me up too. It's not a one way street after all lol! I think I might need to clean up my rather small friends list, but can't bring myself to cut anyone out....yet. Got a few people on there who seems like they are eating crumbs......
  • JoniBologna
    Options
    Joni- you're so awesome I'd be your friend twice over :D Plus- how else will I get to experience the beautiful hikes in Colorado? :p

Ha! Thanks Gemi! I'm definitely glad to have you around. :happy:
  • meggyh20
    meggyh20 Posts: 116
    Options
    One of these days I'll be so dedicated as to join you on your hikes. I just have a little work to do, but maybe by the end of summer. I do appreciate your words of encouragement, Joni. :)
  • irunsf85
    irunsf85 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You can add me!
  • mbts08
    mbts08 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Add me!! :flowerforyou: I also have friends that have never replied to anything of mine (time to clean the list I guess). I only have a handful that support me and I support on a daily basis.
  • angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm sending you a FR request too :) I've also just had a little blitz on my list for similar reasons. How can I give support and cheer someone on if they are eating so very, very low calories? I just struggle with that. I think the way MFP is set up to announce that you've completed your day and were under goal doesn't help TBH.

Anyway....I'm always happy to receive FR requests from other EM2WLers so anyone else please feel free to add me. I'm in the UK so some of my food items may not help you when looking for food ideas ;) but please know that I am so very jealous of all the types of peanut butter you guys have :)
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I'll send you a friend request. I definitely feel like I might need to start going through my list. I go back and forth on the low cal friends. I've chosen to keep them on for now hoping that maybe they'll see my progress and my updates about EMTWL and come to the conclusion that they don't have to eat so little.
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I'll add you now...I'm on summer vacay and practically live on here. LOL
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options

Hey, I'm in Colorado too! :)
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Today is my 100th day logging in - do I pass the dedication test for a FR? Maybe you can help me be better about commenting and whatnot with my friends list. It's something I think I could be better at doing.
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Sending you a FR! I tend to go quiet for ooh, maybe hours at a time..any more time away from here and I get the shakes!
  • JoniBologna
    Options
    One of these days I'll be so dedicated as to join you on your hikes. I just have a little work to do, but maybe by the end of summer. I do appreciate your words of encouragement, Joni. :)

Sounds like a great plan! I'm happy for our new friendship.
  • JoniBologna
    Options
    Thanks for the adds everyone. The positive response and all of the friend requests are so wonderful! :happy:
  • zukkiz
    zukkiz Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    You can add me too!!! I love support and to be supportive!!
  • alpepp
    alpepp Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Sending you a FR! Anybody else can add me too! Warning: I am an open book and will tell it like it is!
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am still fairly new here, but I am planning to stick around :)