New to Sista's

Options
Hello Lovely Ladies:)
My name is Shani and I am from Aurora, Illinois. This is my second attempt at Myfitnesspal. The first time I tried using it, I was very embrassed because it was something I never did before and I was ashamed of myself. I have been a full figured woman all my life and this is pretty much all I know, but,,,,,,,,,,my body is telling me that I need to make some changes with health and to let go of some old baggage. I am looking for friends that will motivate me, keep it real with me and offer advice and I promise I will do the same. If there is anyone that lives in my area and is looking for a workout partner,,,then just Holla at a Sistah and I'm there:)

Replies

• secretiive
    secretiive Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Girl I know just how you feel, about having felt "content" being heavy after being that way for so long. I have been big, and I still am, all of my life.

You've done something remarkable, just by changing your mind. Once you change your mind, you have the power to change your body! Weight loss is 70% mental 20% food 10% exercise!

I'm not in your area, but I sure would love to encourage and motivate one another. This journey is not one that can be taken lightly or one that you can do alone. It takes time, effort, and support. Add me if you like, I try to be as positive and motivational as possible.

LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!
  • MrsSmith2002
    Options
    Hun you are so righ! My hardest part is preparing my food so why I am able to count calories. I work in the ER and go to school and I am always rushing. On my days off I just want to relax when I know I should be taking myself to the gym:embarassed:

I would Looooooove for us to motivate each other! I really need that in my life. Not everyone can say that they understand what I'm feelining unless they have been a big gurl all they life too. I get skinny chics at my job saying, "Shani....you can do it,,,its not that hard" I look at them like huh:huh: ,,,,have you ever been over weight in your life and then they say "no" then how in the world do you know what I am feeling.

See my lil sister is a full figured girl too and I want her to see threw me that it is possible. We dont have to be this size if we truly don't want to be. Then maybe she will start loving herself more.
  • sxysantos
    sxysantos Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I understand where you are coming from. It is hard to change your lifestyle but with a little motivation and support you can do anything if you put your mind to it. Your co-workers sound like they just want to encourage you the best way that they know how. We could all use some support and if you would like to add me as a friend just let me know. That is the best thing about this website, you can find people that are going through the same journey!