Week 7, June 10 to June 16

Options
Here we go, down the final stretch the last 3 weeks... then we can call our selves 5k runners, and run just for the fun of it!

Day 1 - 3 are all the same!

Brisk five-minute warmup walk,
then jog 2.5 miles (or 25 minutes).
five-minute cool down walk.

Replies

• peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    My son and I did day 1 today., I tried for 30 minutes, but we died near the end.. guess that is why we should stick to the routine, back to 25 min on day 2..
  • sara6636
    sara6636 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Think I had a breakthrough on today's run. Today was the first day where I truly felt I was at a comfortable sustainable pace. I was ready to keep going-but told myself to stop, so I don't pay for it next time. Who would have thought that a few weeks ago I was really struggling on the 4 minute runs!

This probably just means that I have a bad run waiting for me in the near future, but I am just going to enjoy the success of today!
  • peteb79
    Options
    but I am just going to enjoy the success of today!

Great!!!

I just completed Week 7 day 2.
  • chrissilini
    chrissilini Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Finally completed a day without stopping! This should have been my last day on week 7. Small victories. Going to repeat the entire week but I'll take it. Still running on the treadmill, boooo. I'll get there, outside that is. One thing at a time.
  • peteb79
    Options
    Completed week 7!! Bring on week 8!
  • FitToFifty
    FitToFifty Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Week 7 is done!! I was finally able to do the 25 minutes without slowing down. I am so elated about that!!