People Looking for a Magic Pill

Options
In the past couple of weeks, people at work have been complimenting me on my weight loss a lot. I can't help but notice something interesting about the reaction I get from those who say, "You look great! How are you doing it?" They begin all wide-eyed, fully engaged as they wait for my answer. When I start to tell them I made some key life changes, they would visibly lose interest and turn away saying, "oh....(mumble, mumble...)..."

People really want a quick fix - I know, I did too, for YEARS!. How much time I have wasted trying to stick to ridiculous, unrealistic diets! :frown:

Well, this week, when someone would approach me with, "Wow! What are you doing?" I said, "I found this little magic pill - it's fantastic!" They would remain engaged, prompting me for my secret...."Really? What does it do?" I'd simply say, "Yes, it is a pill that makes me want to eat right and exercise every day!"

At least they would smile a little before they turned away mumbling. :happy:

Friends, we've found the true "Magic Pill." It is activated in the moments we don't feel like working out but go put on our tennis shoes.

It kicks in when the scale doesn't budge (or moves the wrong way) one week, but we shake it off, re-focus and keep going.

Our Magic Pill travels well, is always available and produces life-long results.

So, my MFP fellow "pill-pushers" - let's help each other (me included) remember that the ingredients that make up our Magic Pill are: consistence + persistence + determination -- the only real answer to the kind of life-long change we are all striving towards.

We are truly doing something 'magical' for ourselves :wink:

Replies