Rest Week p90x, nutrition, questions?

Options
pennypistol
pennypistol Posts: 30 Member
Hello All,
It is rest week and I feel I should be doing more cardio. I'm still having no luck with weight loss after following 40 40 20 / and even dropping to 1200 cals. I've heard to add a few hundred calories, but I'm nervous because I gain weight when I do. I'm trying to lose 20 lbs and it's not coming off. Can I stay in the fat shredder phaze ? Before I go to phase II of the nutrition Guide ? I don't even know what to do anymore . Thanks for any feedback.

Replies

• mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    By "rest week" do you mean "recovery week? Recovery week is to give your muscles a break from the weight lifting part of it...but not from exercise part of it. If you feel like it, do some more aerobic exercise...but be sure to eat enough to support it.

I've noticed with every BB program I have done, it takes 4-5 weeks to start seeing progress...but stick with it, you will see progress!

I think you need to add your exercise calories to your 1200 calories....it takes alot of nutrition to fuel your body when you are doing something as intense as P90X. I would suggest, following the guide and see how that goes for you....you can always eat less calories, but give the P90X nutrition plan/schedule a chance first....they know what they are talking about :)

Also, you might not lose the weight quickly, but instead you will lose inches....that's what my experience has been.
    Good luck!
  • pennypistol
    pennypistol Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yes I mean recovery week, a better way to word it.

Thanks for the encouragement, I know I must remain patient. I definately feel a huge change in my body, mood, strength, and energy I know I can't quit, but I'll trust results to pay off in the end.

Thanks for the advice ! I know I need to trust it. It seems like I can get alot of dairy in , I wonder if almond milk is a dairy ? between greek yogurt, eggs, almond milk, that's over 2 servings of dairy so I'm sure eggs fall into protein category. Anyway I have p90x journal sheets i fill out along with on here.

And yes, I actually measured myself and I have lost inches... this is week 4 ( recovery week ) so i'm sure when this next phase hits and shake things up again It'll make some changes.

Thanks so much for your response and encouragement !!!!