Week 6, June 3 to June 9

Options
2»

Replies

• FitToFifty
    FitToFifty Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Day 3 done. I actually felt good doing it!!! Week 7 here I come!
  • FitToFifty
    FitToFifty Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm so jealous of all of you that are doing so well. I've been doing well on the treadmill but every time I take it oustside it results in epic failure. What the heck am I doing wrong? I knew transitioning from the treadmill to outside wouldn't be easy but I feel like I haven't accomplished anything in the last 6 weeks, that the treadmill work just doesn't count.

I'm not quitting. I know ultimately whether I run outside or in I'm still doing my body good. I just need to re-focus and start all over again...outside this time.

I know how hard it is outside. Last week I did 1 day outside and it was way more hard. I am in awe of the people that are doing it totally outside.

I know that we will get there. Are you running at 0% incline inside? I currently am. I am focusing on finishing this 9 weeks and then I will increase my incline to help build myself up, and continue to try to do 1 day a week outside.

I am going to use July to try to get myself ready to take it outside. My GOAL is to run a 5K in August.
  • blackeyegirl
    Options
    I am afraid I don't keep as current as I should with the group posts, but as far as the running and fatigue go, have you heard of Chi Running? It's a method of running that I have found extremely effective in helping me to get past the fatigue factor. If you are interested in learning more, do a mfp search "chi running" and a great post will come up. I read the book entitled chi running after a coworker told me about it (authored by Danny Dreyer). It may be something worthy of exploring! Good luck!!
  • chrissilini
    chrissilini Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm so jealous of all of you that are doing so well. I've been doing well on the treadmill but every time I take it oustside it results in epic failure. What the heck am I doing wrong? I knew transitioning from the treadmill to outside wouldn't be easy but I feel like I haven't accomplished anything in the last 6 weeks, that the treadmill work just doesn't count.

I'm not quitting. I know ultimately whether I run outside or in I'm still doing my body good. I just need to re-focus and start all over again...outside this time.

I know how hard it is outside. Last week I did 1 day outside and it was way more hard. I am in awe of the people that are doing it totally outside.

That's my goal too, to do a 5k in August. We can do it. I'm going to try my hardest!

I know that we will get there. Are you running at 0% incline inside? I currently am. I am focusing on finishing this 9 weeks and then I will increase my incline to help build myself up, and continue to try to do 1 day a week outside.

I am going to use July to try to get myself ready to take it outside. My GOAL is to run a 5K in August.
  • its_sania
    its_sania Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Fallen behind a little bit but I'm back on track now with week 6 day 1 done and dusted!