I believe I'm starting to trend downward in weight :)

Options
SmileyJ23
SmileyJ23 Posts: 349 Member
So over the weekend I read a few posts about those being discouraged with the scale showing gains and gains in inches. And yes that is very discouraging.

I started this EM2WL journey on March 21st. A couple weeks in my weigh in showed a 5 pound loss....I was thinking great my body is not going to take much to reset. ( Although I was not on a very low calorie diet, I was eating about 1600 cals not including my exercise cals. which kept me at a low net. )

A week later another weigh in showed gains. and this continued. I had a week or two where my pants were tighter. A tightness I had not felt since I first started my journey (Oct 2011) That soon stopped. My clothes became loose again but the scale was not going down but up.

I started this journey at 244 dropped the 5 to 239 then it kept rising until the 260s. Then I got to a point where it was consistently 261 262

Today I did a unofficial weigh in and its down again to 250 I have a recovery week this week and hoping that by the end of it I will be back down or closer to the low 239 that I had.

But bottom line is I'm still hanging in there :bigsmile: And I'm sticking to EM2WLbecause:

- I cannot deny the energy that I have.
-Working out is much more fun when I feel I have the energy to carry me through
-I love the extra strength training that I am incorporating
-Muscles are popping out in random areas I can see them even when not flexing :drinker:
-I honestly feel that progress is being made. Things are much firmer and I know that I will see inches loss and scale weight eventually.
-I feel like I can live normally. Eat normally (within reason of course)
- I am happier. Much happier.
-My arms and back are two areas that I've always wished would get smaller. Even if I remain a bigger girl. And they are! When I look at my back comparison photos I still can't believe its mine :)
- I DO NOT FEEL DEPRIVED. EVER!!

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congratz and keep it up!
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! You totally gave me hope that this WILL work for me.
  • BeautyQueen90
    BeautyQueen90 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Aww that's wonderful. Congrats beautiful!
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    So over the weekend I read a few posts about those being discouraged with the scale showing gains and gains in inches. And yes that is very discouraging.

I started this EM2WL journey on March 21st. A couple weeks in my weigh in showed a 5 pound loss....I was thinking great my body is not going to take much to reset. ( Although I was not on a very low calorie diet, I was eating about 1600 cals not including my exercise cals. which kept me at a low net. )

A week later another weigh in showed gains. and this continued. I had a week or two where my pants were tighter. A tightness I had not felt since I first started my journey (Oct 2011) That soon stopped. My clothes became loose again but the scale was not going down but up.

I started this journey at 244 dropped the 5 to 239 then it kept rising until the 260s. Then I got to a point where it was consistently 261 262

Today I did a unofficial weigh in and its down again to 250 I have a recovery week this week and hoping that by the end of it I will be back down or closer to the low 239 that I had.

But bottom line is I'm still hanging in there :bigsmile: And I'm sticking to EM2WLbecause:

- I cannot deny the energy that I have.
    -Working out is much more fun when I feel I have the energy to carry me through
    -I love the extra strength training that I am incorporating
    -Muscles are popping out in random areas I can see them even when not flexing :drinker:
    -I honestly feel that progress is being made. Things are much firmer and I know that I will see inches loss and scale weight eventually.
    -I feel like I can live normally. Eat normally (within reason of course)
    - I am happier. Much happier.
    -My arms and back are two areas that I've always wished would get smaller. Even if I remain a bigger girl. And they are! When I look at my back comparison photos I still can't believe its mine :)
    - I DO NOT FEEL DEPRIVED. EVER!!

Love it!!!!!! Keep on rock'n!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    LOVE this! Thankyou so much for posting!
  • jomatho
    jomatho Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Congrats and thanks for the inspiration!
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Wohooooo way to go !!!!:smile::smile: :smile:
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Thank you so much for sharing your success!
  • ermickel
    ermickel Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Great news!! Congrats and thanks for sharing!!
  • Joeyje3
    Joeyje3 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Awesome.. Great, very inspiring - hearing what a lot of us go through. :smile:
  • GoGoGadgetMum
    GoGoGadgetMum Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!!:smile:
  • SmileyJ23
    Options
    Update!!!!!

Im down 8.7 more pounds since my initial post. Down to 241.3. I am 2 pounds away from my lowest since I started this journey :happy:

YES! its sooooo nice that this works and I can EAT :drinker:
  • SmileyJ23
    Options
    I can't wait til it gets under 239 so I can update my ticker again :) It also means Im pounds closer to hitting the 50 pounds loss since Oct 2011
  • JessLLoser
    JessLLoser Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Great job! I can't wait till I'm where you are.
  • jomatho
    jomatho Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Wow, it is just melting away! So I assume you are at a cut? How much of a cut are you doing and what weight lifting program are you doing? I noticed in your first post that you took a recovery week. I am taking a forced one right now due to an upper respiratory illness and it makes me nervous as heck to not be lifting this week. Do you take weeks off on a certain schedule? Sorry for so many questions, but it's the only way to learn right? :) Plus, I am bored this week trying to recover, ugh.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I hope you posted in the success sticky! People really need to read this, there are so many who gain a bunch at first like you and have a hard time sticking it out but you are proof that it is worth it.

Great work!!
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    That is so frickin marvelous! :love: So glad you stayed strong for the course!!!
  • heidi5k
    heidi5k Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! I love all the reasons you noted in your original post for sticking with this plan. Makes.So.Much.Sense!! And now you're getting to enjoy all those benefits AND the lost pounds and inches!

Please keep on updating us! It is so helpful to hear "real life stories" of how this is working for people. :)

xoxo
  • DoubleE615312
    DoubleE615312 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    awesome post