Team UK - How are we getting on?

Options
Morning,

I've been using 'My Fitness Pal' for the last 30 days and have to say I'm really impressed in how it's helping me achieve my goals.

How are you guy's getting on?

:smile:

Replies

• Ventnorman
    Ventnorman Posts: 45
    Options
    Been on here 36 days now and must say its one of the best things I could have done almost lost 2 stone so far !
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Ive been hear a while now! love mfp and all the friends ive made! Learnt so much about food and exercise!
  • Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I was here in 2010 and it helped me a lot, which is why I came back. :-)
  • AstyPasty
    AstyPasty Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I joined 3 weeks ago and I'm hooked!! Can't believe how much more informed I am now about what I eat and I don't consider myself being on a diet at all. All the friends I have a such a huge support and the encouragement is fantastic :happy:
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Hello, been on about a month and a half and it keeps me motivated - a little bit addicting but I don't spend too much time in the forums! I tend to reply to ones that grab my eye.

Love how you can log everything and it is great having cyber friends to offer and receive support. Wish I was losing more weight but that is just the impatient me. I am actually losing at a steady, healthy rate.

All the best everyone!
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I've been here for a verrrrrry long time. I lost a lot of weight, but struggled to maintain it without logging constantly.... so I'm back :)
  • 3319jane
    3319jane Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi there

I have been lurking on here since January and have lost 3 stone - I am doing it the slow way :laugh:

MFP has been a godsend, as logging everyday has really made me think about what I eat and I am still stunned by how many calories can be in seemingly innocent looking food!!

I have a long way still to go, but really believe I can do it this time.

Good luck everyone :smile:

Jx
  • Belfastlassie
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I have been on for a little over 2 months now, I am so loving it.:happy: The mfp peeps are such an encouragement to help me stay committed to the new healthier journey I have taken on. It is so educational I have gleaned so much from the site about choosing healthier foods, as some I thought were healthy were not as healthy, making sure to keep up with your water, keep moving, an most of all proper portion sizes!! What a difference it makes in one's life if these are followed. I know this is a lifestyle change an not a diet. I have lost a stone in weight, an I am feeling happier within myself. Knowing that there are many out there doing the same thing I am working to achieve spurs me to keep going.

Hope everyone is feeling happy an healthy today
  • Kathrynha77
    Kathrynha77 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I've been on here about 3 weeks, after deciding tha a 5½ month plateau with slimming world was doing me no good.
    Absolutely lovingit, it is my sort of diet, I need strict rules especially regarding portion size which SW didn't give me. Now if I want a bigger portion I can, I just need to allow the calories for it, but I am more accountable.
    It reminds me of the WW plan about 11 years ago, which I was really successful on, so definately feel this is going to work for me.

Even the other weekend with major time of month binging and the super long weekend, I had a gain, but I feel like I managed it a lot better than what I could of done.
  • MarcJames87
    Options
    Good to see so many positive posts. Keep up the good work!
  • Colofit
    Colofit Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Can't believe I forgot about the UK group!! Would love more UK friends!!
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,159 Member
    Options
    Been almost for 5 months and it has really made the difference and made me more macro and calories conscious!
  • Keapix
    Keapix Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :)

I've been using MFP on and off for the last couple of years & it does always work. I've never used the forums before though.

I came back just over two weeks ago & have got rid of 7lbs so far.
  • furby1
    furby1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Been around for a couple of months now, and best thing I've done in a long time. Weight came of well the first few weeks but have been on a plateau for the last 5 weeks now, but not upset as I was told at the beginning to measure myself as well as weigh and so glad I did. I may not be loosing pounds but I am loosing inches, and the info on here re plateaus will hopefully help me beat it.
    I feel healthier and fitter and have made a few good friends along the way, and hope to make more as its going to be a long journey :)
  • Slimwithin0408
    Slimwithin0408 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fabulous- MFP is saving my life and giving my kids a decent future with their mummy!! Its a long journey but a very positive one :-D Your all doing amazing!
  • MisterTEZ
    MisterTEZ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    reached goal after losing 33 pounds! my MFP friends have been a great support :smile:
  • TinnedTuna
    TinnedTuna Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    Been here a few months and over all i think i'm doing ok
    It's been really good for me and it's the first time i have really tried to lose weight with some accountability.
    but just a few weeks ago i was in hospital for an opp on my leg and that's seems to have slowed the loss right down but
    it's starting to pick back up now so hope to be losing again very soon.
    I'm nearly half way to my goal so that is keeping me going, along with the fantastic support from mfp friends,
  • lnt_helent
    lnt_helent Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Struggling actually! I have a few good weeks where everything's hunky dory and maintaining or losing, then a few busy weekends in a row that really set me back. I'm not aiming to lose a huge amount but it's quite demoralising. Willpower problems I think. Also having some difficulties at the club I with, so I've been avoiding it somewhat. Back on the wagon today and doing two lots of exercise, but we'll have to see how long that lasts!
  • bijoux79
    bijoux79 Posts: 79
    Options
    Been on here 3 weeks and lost 13lb so far finding MFP a real help and made me realise just how much food I was eating before
  • KellieLouise84
    Options
    Hi all!! I've been here for 175 days tomorro (I think)!! Doing ok, had a wonky couple of months, for various reasons, exams and moving house among them, but getting back into my stride!! Have 11lbs to go, and then I'll decide whether to maintain or lose a little more! Feel free to add me if ya like!!