Replies

• mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Good read, thanks for sharing!
  • kslappy
    kslappy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    thanks for the info! I'm having a difficult time wrapping my mind around the whole "eat more" concept. I just increased my calories because I have hit a plateau and cannot seem to move from here. In my mind I know I'm eating too few calories for my level of activity, I exercise 5-6 days a week for at least an hour, sometimes more. After reading several posts and articles on eating more in this group, I'm willing to try it and see if it works.
  • missdimpley
    missdimpley Posts: 192
    Options
    Yes, this is what you might need. This is WHAT I need as well. I just didn’t know until 6 weeks ago. You may gain, but you can see what he says about the gain (reasons why). It is temporary, and this is your LIFESTYLE not diet. That is why I'm telling myself OK.. I am doing this to reset my body and then doing the cut in healthy way as possible! I want to enjoy this life. I was over training and under eating without realizing it. I am pissed that MFP has set it at 1,200.. NO ONE SHOULD BE eating that much even though people who do not work out. I feel like I was mentally damaged by under eating and depriving myself. Oh well, at least I found this group and has changed the way I think about it. It DOES take time to change the way I think. AND TO BE HONEST, I am not 100% in it YET but I know this is realistic!!! It takes time.
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    I love this group. I just started eating around 150-200 calories back and I have lost 0.5 lbs. this am!!!!!!. I do ot log weight loss until it is at least 1 lb....I have learned so much just by reading all the threads. I just can't get the EM2WL ticker downloaded...I did like it on Facebook! I do not like anything on FB unless it has proven its value to me. Can't wait to see what happens in the next week or so. :)

bump for other discussions too.
  • kslappy
    Options
    Yes, this is what you might need. This is WHAT I need as well. I just didn’t know until 6 weeks ago. You may gain, but you can see what he says about the gain (reasons why). It is temporary, and this is your LIFESTYLE not diet. That is why I'm telling myself OK.. I am doing this to reset my body and then doing the cut in healthy way as possible! I want to enjoy this life. I was over training and under eating without realizing it. I am pissed that MFP has set it at 1,200.. NO ONE SHOULD BE eating that much even though people who do not work out. I feel like I was mentally damaged by under eating and depriving myself. Oh well, at least I found this group and has changed the way I think about it. It DOES take time to change the way I think. AND TO BE HONEST, I am not 100% in it YET but I know this is realistic!!! It takes time.

YES! I was at 1,100 calories per day. I'm not 100% in yet either but working on changing my mindset. I'll see how it goes for the next week or so.
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options

YES! I was at 1,100 calories per day. I'm not 100% in yet either but working on changing my mindset. I'll see how it goes for the next week or so.
    A week is not enough to really see if it is working. This is not a quick fix, it's a change for the long haul. If you were on a VLCD for a long time you might want to consider to do a reset.
  • kslappy
    Options
    [/quote]
    A week is not enough to really see if it is working. This is not a quick fix, it's a change for the long haul. If you were on a VLCD for a long time you might want to consider to do a reset.
    [/quote]

Right, I understand. I didn't literally mean a week. The article spoke about maintaining the calorie level for at least two weeks so I'm speaking generally. Resetting sounds like a long term change so I'm open to that.
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    The article is quite good, however I do want to point out that his recommendation of a week at full maintenance (or two) is similar to Leigh Peele's version of the metabolic reset (with only a week at maintenance after a slow upping of cals). And while there is some success with the shorter time at full maintenance, one of the things that I've been reading/discovering is that Leigh Peele herself found that many women had to do her version of the reset TWICE before it finally 'stuck'. So, I encourage you, if you are doing the reset....go for the full 8 weeks (or more if you think you need it) and you should be good with a one time 'reset'. After that it's just diet breaks to keep the metabolism revved up....:happy:
  • 2BeHealthy4Life
    Options
    Thanks.....
  • mishkat
    mishkat Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later.