macros

Options
Saunz5
Saunz5 Posts: 165 Member
Hey everyone, I am feeling very frustrated with my diet lately. I'm trying to lower my carb intake.

I have my calorie goal at 1330 and I need 185g protein, 40g carb, 50g fat. Is this even possible and if it is how?!

Replies

• SuperVegan8
    SuperVegan8 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I think only 40g of carbs is a bit silly. Why do you want to lower carbs? what sort of excersise do you do and is the 185g of protein for a particular reason or just to hit a % protein per kg ratio?

Your body still needs carbs to function and that is VERY low.

Thats not meant to sound mean/rude ect im just trying to understand your motivation so i can help.
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I think only 40g of carbs is a bit silly. Why do you want to lower carbs? what sort of excersise do you do and is the 185g of protein for a particular reason or just to hit a % protein per kg ratio?

Your body still needs carbs to function and that is VERY low.

Thats not meant to sound mean/rude ect im just trying to understand your motivation so i can help.

I agree. That ratio doesn't sound the greatest. I would up your calories also if you want to gain muscle. Your body cannot flourish with 1300 calories. Maybe try 1800 at least
  • Saunz5
    Saunz5 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My macros are at 40/30/30 now with a daily calorie goal of 2000. I don't typically hit 2000, but I get close to it! and 40/30/30 I'm getting good at perfecting, but I obsess. :(
  • SleepySin
    SleepySin Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My macros are at 40/30/30 now with a daily calorie goal of 2000. I don't typically hit 2000, but I get close to it! and 40/30/30 I'm getting good at perfecting, but I obsess. :(

Umm.. are you sure the breakdown is correct? I do 1250 calories daily (I'm a small person) with a 40-30-30 breakdown and my requirements are 125 carbs, 94g protein and 42g fat.. I think you may have misread something?
    I agree. That ratio doesn't sound the greatest. I would up your calories also if you want to gain muscle. Your body cannot flourish with 1300 calories. Maybe try 1800 at least

I don't think there's anything wrong with 1300 calories/day if she's also trying to lose weight. It depends on her stats, body and activity level too.