nuts

Options
mom2tek
mom2tek Posts: 75 Member
I'm always going over in fat due to my eating pecans and almonds so much. I'll have a serving of almonds at least 2x day. I put chopped pecans on my salads. How much is too much. Should I be concerned with the amount of nuts I eat and that I always seem to go over on my fat due to this?

Replies

• twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    nope....
  • sethandjane
    sethandjane Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I agree - nope.

Even though I switched to this way of eating/lifestyle, I still log my food to watch my calories overall, as well as my carbs.

I like to watch my calories just because I'm a little OCD :) and because if I start to slip up too much it helps me stay on track better.

Carb-wise, my alternative-fertility doctor has me around 50 g a day, so that's why I watch those too.

For me, as long as I'm okay with my cal/carb numbers I don't worry about the fat grams number.

The only other thing is that I've also started to include pumpkin seeds (pepitas) - they're a little lower in numbers compared to some other nuts.

Good luck!
    :) Jane
  • mom2tek
    mom2tek Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Pumpkin seeds do sound good. I don't know why but I always forget about those and think of them only 1x year :) I'll have to get some!