Intro and Initial Weigh In

Options
hunnims
hunnims Posts: 2 Member
I've been on myfitnesspal for a little under a week now and this is my first posting. I'm 30, f, 225 lbs., and a married mother of 3 children living in Wisconsin.

A month seems like a good goal to start with. It's doable. Each day I can say to myself, "It's only for a month." I'm starting at 225 lbs. I've been riding bike with the kids, but that is difficult since they are younger and can't go as far or as fast as I'd like. I'll probably start doing a few solo rides as well. I've also been trying to eat better. For a quick breakfast before work I often have a meal replacement shake. I rarely stay under my calorie goal according to this site, but I try not to go way over. I'm more focusing on making better food choices. Instead of chips (which I still have at times, but in limited quantities), I'll go for celery. Instead of a Big Mac, I'll have the chicken sandwich or salad. I love the tools on this site as they are so easy to use and I can update from my phone as well. Also, pretty much every food I search for is there so I rarely have to add my own nutritional information.

Goals for the week: Keep better track of water intake and increase my bike riding time.

Replies

• Suddz62
    Suddz62 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I two have just joined this week and have found that if I ate a bowl of Fiber One Original Cereal (1/2 Cup = 60 Calories) w/Silk Light Soy Milk & some type of fresh fruit I am not only fuller longer but helping the body cleanse. You might find this more satisfying than those boring shakes.......Good luck
  • hunnims
    hunnims Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the cereal option. I've thought of that too, but with the time I have some mornings I enjoy the simplicity and quickness of the shakes. I wake up and know I can make and drink a little shake and be out the door under 5 minutes and I'm getting 1/3 of my daily recommended percentage of many vitamins. I think I'll try the cereals on the days I don't have to get up too early and I will definitely try the soy milk as I've never had it before. Who knows, maybe it will become my new fave. :)
  • babypinky8489
    babypinky8489 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Welcome all ;) glad you decided to join, we can help each other out. And i like the cereal idea you mentioned earlier, i'm going to try it. I always saw the commercials on tv but never thought to try but now i am =D

so, My name is Christina and i have two children. Since i had my first daughter i got thicker and with my son just 7 months i got even more thick! lol Last week i was 171 pounds and now im 166lbs, I was excited about the loss . This challenge is a good way to start us off . So far i cut out sweets and soda and started walking everywhere instead of using mass transit.

Goodluck to you all and look forward to the first way in.
  • KateL1969
    KateL1969 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kate and live nr Brighton, England. I'm 42, 5 ft 4 and 140 lbs (or 10 stone as we say in England!) This is the heaviest I have ever beern so I have to get a grip! I have been unsuccessfully trying to diet for 10 years now and just put weight on. However, I have registered with the site for just over a week now and am ready to start losing weight.

I always have an egg for breakfast as I keep chickens. Usually scambled egg mixed with a little semi skimmed milk on a wholemeal slice of bread. A banana mid morning, sandwich and apple at lunch, then it all goes wrong. The biscuit tin at work becomes very attractive by about 2pm. I had 4 maryland double choc chip cookies this afternoon - ahhh! After dinner when it gets to about 8pm the chocolate/sweet cravings start.

I have a dog which I walk every day and do go to the gym now and again (although the thought of it is always worse than actually going.) I do taekwondo on a Saturday morning for 1.5 hours.

This site tells me I should eat 1400 calories if I want to lose 1lb a week. I seem to go over it most days :-( However, this group has inspired me so lets do it!

Kate - in very rainy England. The wind is blowing a hooley out there!
  • jules006
    jules006 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am a 27 year old mom from Orange County, CA. I am 5'6" and weigh 145 pounds. I've been trying to lose the last 10 pounds since gaining from having my little boy- but he is almost 6!!

I am a workaholic so I tend to eat whatever the Associates bring in for lunch and dinner. Also, I have not been working out. With this in mind, I plan on eating healthy and getting my butt to the gym to lose that weight.

Also, I think motivation is key to staying on track. I've tried to get friends to do this site with me over the past year with no success. Looking forward to the group plan!
  • milfordmom
    Options
    Good evening all,

I started using MFP the day after Mother's day. My husband has been using it with me. I am 42 and the mother of 2 boys, 9 and 7. I have congestive heart failure, which I was diagnosed with when I was 5 weeks pregnant with my oldest.

In the past i lost 59 pounds and gained it back twice during my pregnancies. I started to lose it again and went through some emotionally challenging times and am on the path to lose it again. I have 10-15 pounds left to lose and joined MFP to try something different.

Here's to the June challenge!!