Monday, June 11th - Sunday, June 18th

Options

Replies

• suzziebee
    suzziebee Posts: 14
    Options
    Ladies you are all doing really well. Its great to have this support.
    I am on day 14 of C1, looking forward to cycle 2.
    Yesterday I planned to have protein powder and yoghurt for meal 6 and pre-journalled it BUT instead had a bowl of potatoes and spoonful of nutella. Not good, but I'll just keep going, its not the end of the world.
    Still waiting on TOM - he is a bit late. Thought he was coming but false alarm. I am 45 so my cycle could be be going from a perfect 28 day cycle which I constantly had to 35 days or more?

how did you get you food log to come up by meals and not breakfast lunch and dinner
  • suzziebee
    suzziebee Posts: 14
    Options
    Just want to say I LOVE my 17dd group friends!! You truly inspire me and make me want to do this more every day!!!! :heart: :love: :smooched: :flowerforyou:

you are so sweat - I am so glad I found you guys - you are all my inpiration
  • theresamcd2
    theresamcd2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Today was a tough one..

Your Food Diary For:
    Prev Thursday June 14, 2012 Next
    Breakfast Calories Carbs Fat Protein Fiber Sugar
    Lemon Water - Hot Water W/ 1tbs Lemon Juice, 1 cup 2 0 0 0 0 0 Ico_delete
    California - Ruby Red Grapefruit - Large: 4.5" Diameter, 1 fruit 120 18 0 2 4 18 Ico_delete
    Eggs - Poached (whole egg), 2 large 147 1 10 13 0 1 Ico_delete
    Add Food
    Quick Tools
    269 19 10 15 4 19
    Lunch
    Jason's Deli - Salad - Org Field Greens, Veggies, and Balsamic Vinaigrette, 1.5 cup 86 9 0 3 3 5 Ico_delete
    Rasberries - Raw, 50 g 17 2 0 1 2 2 Ico_delete
    Fage Greek Yogurt 0% - Greek Yougurt Plain, 2 oz 32 2 1 4 0 4 Ico_delete
    Jennie O - Ground Turkey, Lean 93/7 (Bk), 3.5 (112g) 170 0 8 21 0 0 Ico_delete
    Generic - Hot Green Tea, 1 cup 0 0 0 0 0 0 Ico_delete
    Add Food
    Quick Tools
    305 13 9 29 5 11
    Dinner
    Vegetables - Roasted Asparagus With Garlic, Olive Oil and Lemon Juice by Matt, 8 spears 132 7 6 7 3 3 Ico_delete
    Wegmans - Wild Caught Alaskan Halibut, 1 fillet 6oz 180 0 4 35 0 0 Ico_delete
    Add Food
    Quick Tools
    312 7 10 42 3 3
    Snacks
    Kroger Bakery - Private Selection Cherry Pie, 0.03125 pie 80 12 3 1 0 6 Ico_delete
    Trident Gum - Original Flavor, 1 Stick 4 1 0 0 0 0 Ico_delete
    Lifeway Kefir - Lowfat Strawberry Probiotic, 0.05 cup 7 1 0 1 0 1 Ico_delete
    Add Food
    Quick Tools
    91 14 3 2 0 7
    Alcohol
    Add Food
    Quick Tools

Totals 977 53 32 88 12 40
    Your Daily Goal 1,200 165 40 45 14 24
    Remaining 223 112 8 -43 2 -16
  • abrellenthin
    Options
    I'm new to this diet and this site, so be patient with my silly posts!

I'm on D2C1 and I'm having a hard time giving up my carbs! I'm having the hardest time at night. And I've noticed (as has my husband) that I'm super grumpy.

Any advice/encouraging words??

Thanks!
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options

I'm on D2C1 and I'm having a hard time giving up my carbs! I'm having the hardest time at night. And I've noticed (as has my husband) that I'm super grumpy.

Thanks!

It will get better.....promise......it will take a few days though. Your body and your mind are in detox. I too LOVED carbs.......and the longer I do this, the easier it is.........just make sure to stay as *clean* as possible with your foods. Also shirataki noodles have helped me through a few rough days. Welcome to the group!!! they are the BEST! Good luck!
  • rayne78
    rayne78 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Today was a tough one..

Your Food Diary For:
    Prev Thursday June 14, 2012 Next
    Breakfast Calories Carbs Fat Protein Fiber Sugar
    Lemon Water - Hot Water W/ 1tbs Lemon Juice, 1 cup 2 0 0 0 0 0 Ico_delete
    California - Ruby Red Grapefruit - Large: 4.5" Diameter, 1 fruit 120 18 0 2 4 18 Ico_delete
    Eggs - Poached (whole egg), 2 large 147 1 10 13 0 1 Ico_delete
    Add Food
    Quick Tools
    269 19 10 15 4 19
    Lunch
    Jason's Deli - Salad - Org Field Greens, Veggies, and Balsamic Vinaigrette, 1.5 cup 86 9 0 3 3 5 Ico_delete
    Rasberries - Raw, 50 g 17 2 0 1 2 2 Ico_delete
    Fage Greek Yogurt 0% - Greek Yougurt Plain, 2 oz 32 2 1 4 0 4 Ico_delete
    Jennie O - Ground Turkey, Lean 93/7 (Bk), 3.5 (112g) 170 0 8 21 0 0 Ico_delete
    Add Food
    Quick Tools
    305 13 9 29 5 11
    Dinner
    Vegetables - Roasted Asparagus With Garlic, Olive Oil and Lemon Juice by Matt, 8 spears 132 7 6 7 3 3 Ico_delete
    Wegmans - Wild Caught Alaskan Halibut, 1 fillet 6oz 180 0 4 35 0 0 Ico_delete
    Add Food
    Quick Tools
    312 7 10 42 3 3
    Snacks
    Kroger Bakery - Private Selection Cherry Pie, 0.03125 pie 80 12 3 1 0 6 Ico_delete
    Trident Gum - Original Flavor, 1 Stick 4 1 0 0 0 0 Ico_delete
    Lifeway Kefir - Lowfat Strawberry Probiotic, 0.05 cup 7 1 0 1 0 1 Ico_delete
    Add Food
    Quick Tools
    91 14 3 2 0 7
    Alcohol
    Add Food
    Quick Tools

Totals 977 53 32 88 12 40
    Your Daily Goal 1,200 165 40 45 14 24
    Remaining 223 112 8 -43 2 -16
    Other than the cherry pie, that was a great day. A little light on the calories but good choices! Well done!
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Ladies you are all doing really well. Its great to have this support.
    I am on day 14 of C1, looking forward to cycle 2.
    Yesterday I planned to have protein powder and yoghurt for meal 6 and pre-journalled it BUT instead had a bowl of potatoes and spoonful of nutella. Not good, but I'll just keep going, its not the end of the world.
    Still waiting on TOM - he is a bit late. Thought he was coming but false alarm. I am 45 so my cycle could be be going from a perfect 28 day cycle which I constantly had to 35 days or more?

how did you get you food log to come up by meals and not breakfast lunch and dinner

You go to SETTINGS, then DIARY SETTINGS and change to what you want.
  • Lesvel
    Lesvel Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Just want to say I LOVE my 17dd group friends!! You truly inspire me and make me want to do this more every day!!!! :heart: :love: :smooched: :flowerforyou:

Me too!!! LOVE this group! And thanks to you for all your very kind words and encouragement...it really keeps me motivated and on track. I NEED it I realize and not too proud to admit it. It's so true that a simple "way to go" or "you can do it" goes a long way.
  • Lesvel
    Options

Thanks!

It will get better.....promise......it will take a few days though. Your body and your mind are in detox. I too LOVED carbs.......and the longer I do this, the easier it is.........just make sure to stay as *clean* as possible with your foods. Also shirataki noodles have helped me through a few rough days. Welcome to the group!!! they are the BEST! Good luck!

I totally agree with Dyanna! There is no denying it can be tough the first few days (or more) but it DOES get better and you will feel really good and 'detoxed'. Do try to stick with the plan as best you can - of course we are all human and have little slips so don't beat yourself up over that either. The longer you can stick to the low carb over the first 17 days the better, you'll lose those cravings and habits.

For me, I had about 3 'false starts' before I committed to doing it this week. I found that I had to be sure to get both fruit servings and lots of veg. and protein throughout the day as the book recommends or I got too hungry and went looking for the bread, crackers, chips! Also be sure to eat your healty fats. Only 17 days then you introduce some carbs from grains etc. again so you'll have more variety before you know it!
  • Lesvel
    Options
    I met my food today - so excited, I have a ton of food allergies so no oils and no nuts for me

Ahh that must be hard! Way to go on sticking with it with even more restrictions than the rest of us!! How do you get your healthy fats in?
  • rayne78
    Options
    Sounds like everyone had a decent week! Keep up the great work! It absolutely gets better. My first two weeks back in January, I was super tired and had crazy headaches, but after seeing my massage therapist, the headaches went away and the extreme tiredness did as well. Today is a good day for me...3 months ago, I set a goal to meet by June 24 based on the rate I was losing at then, and today I hit that goal 9 days early! So happy! I've now lost a total of 54.6 lbs since starting the 17dd in Jan.
  • trishDC
    trishDC Posts: 51
    Options
    Sounds like everyone had a decent week! Keep up the great work! It absolutely gets better. My first two weeks back in January, I was super tired and had crazy headaches, but after seeing my massage therapist, the headaches went away and the extreme tiredness did as well. Today is a good day for me...3 months ago, I set a goal to meet by June 24 based on the rate I was losing at then, and today I hit that goal 9 days early! So happy! I've now lost a total of 54.6 lbs since starting the 17dd in Jan.

Congrats. This is very inspiring. I'm definitely struggling today - feeling week and not sure I can do my normal workouts at all. So, your success story couldn't come at a better time - since we are heading into the weekend.
  • rayne78
    Options

Congrats. This is very inspiring. I'm definitely struggling today - feeling week and not sure I can do my normal workouts at all. So, your success story couldn't come at a better time - since we are heading into the weekend.

Thanks!! If you're feeling to weak to any activity, just take a rest day. You gotta take care of yourself. Burning yourself out can lead to injuries or even frustration and failure. Do what you can!
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options

WOW! you have done soooooooo well! Thank you for the inspiration!
  • xoxo99
    xoxo99 Posts: 36
    Options
    So week 1 is turning out to be quite a fail for me!! Since I have cheated nearly every day the last few days I am starting back at day 1 today. I need to do this!!!!
  • Lesvel
    Options

What an awsome achievement! That's pretty much my weight loss goal so it is so encouraging that real people can do this and be successful!! I'm down 9 (3 from the start of 17DD) so every little bit is a bit closer to that goal. My ultimate goal isn't a number per se but specific clothes. I have a dress I want to fit into for my friend's wedding Aug 18 and a suit I want to wear back to work in November.

Any secrets? Did you follow 17DD to the letter?
  • Lesvel
    Options
    So week 1 is turning out to be quite a fail for me!! Since I have cheated nearly every day the last few days I am starting back at day 1 today. I need to do this!!!!

Don't feel bad!!!! I did the same thing...for at least 3 weeks. Just think you did *cheat* but probably still ate healthier than you had been doing, and you've logged your food (for me that is HUGE! I always found it tough to food journal but once I joined MFP I have done it every day since the beginning of April. That was my first goal...log. Didn't even worry about what I ate at first). This is my first week really sticking closely to the diet plan. Still had a few things not allowed but I'd say 90% true to the food list. Plus, you're healing from an injury.

Keep at it! I know you can do it!
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options

Maybe just from now on commit fully (but most of the time your cheats were unavoidable because you were in hospital for tests and wasn't feeling all that well). So I wouldn't start at day 1 unless you really wanted to.
  • xoxo99
    xoxo99 Posts: 36
    Options

Don't feel bad!!!! I did the same thing...for at least 3 weeks. Just think you did *cheat* but probably still ate healthier than you had been doing, and you've logged your food (for me that is HUGE! I always found it tough to food journal but once I joined MFP I have done it every day since the beginning of April. That was my first goal...log. Didn't even worry about what I ate at first). This is my first week really sticking closely to the diet plan. Still had a few things not allowed but I'd say 90% true to the food list. Plus, you're healing from an injury.

Keep at it! I know you can do it!

Thanks!! You're right!! It is still WAY healthier than I have been eating plus I have been way more ACTIVE than I normally am. Not necessarily hradcore gym workout but just being active and moving more. And logging is a definite start. I've never done this before. Thanks for the support ladies!!! :D
  • trishDC
    trishDC Posts: 51
    Options
    Ok, I got new batteries for my scale and weighed myself. Sadly..I might have gained .4 lbs (but, I will see what tomorrow says when I'm at the end of week 1). I'm not sure how that's possible. So, I've either gained muscle, my scale was wrong from the get go...or I'm not losing weight. Anyhow, I'm going to do my best to not get discouraged and stay on track for cycle 1.

Today is going to be hard. I'm need to put a picnic together for the extended family to go wine tasting for Father's Day. My plan is not to drink and bring enough allowable food that I won't splurge on what I have for them. Hope everyone else is doing well.