To The Product Junkie

Options
Curvimami
Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
There are those looking for their HG of products and then there are those who will never settle down with an HG because they are always looking for whats new and what's hot to try out on their luscious locs to see what it will or won't do for them. Most of the time they dont finish these products and the cabinets under their sinks are filled with half used, barely touched, or even unopened products. These ladies are addicts.:laugh: And if you are fortunate enough to know one of these individuals, or have one as a friend, there are many products that are just handed over to you :love: . Are you a Product Junkie?? Dont be ashamed.lol. Tell us PJ, what have you learned... What's new? whats hot? What's trash? So we can save or spend our $$$$$s

Replies

• LovesGG
    LovesGG Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I learned that I was spending way too much money on stuff I did not need. Thank goodness for places like Walgreens and Walmart that will accept returns even if you use a little bit. So if you don't like it, don't let it sit there and add to your collection... save the receipt and return it lol. Also, WAIT FOR SALES AND USE COUPONS. The thing I've spent the most money on happened to be heat protectors. I tried:

VO5 Red Miracle, and it made my hair feel very weird but it smelled nice
    Organic Root Simulator Olive Oil Heat Protection Serum, and it was too greasy for my liking and I felt like I was frying my hair
    got2b Crazysleek Flat Iron & Blow Dry Lotion, and it was alright but the results didn't last for more than a couple of hours

So I've finally settled on

got2b Guardian Angel Flat Iron Balm with Gloss Finish... doesn't smell amazing but it gives me the light results that I like and it lasts for more than a couple of hours
  • Curvimami
    Options
    See PJism has paid off!!!lol. Now you know what to buy :happy:
  • Pammilla2000
    Pammilla2000 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I find it so hard to resist. The Natural Hair World has taken over literally. When I walk in the beauty supply stores and the 1st display is of Miss Jessie's products hit me in my face, that's when I knew I was in trouble. I am trying to recover from buying so many products but a few staples that I will use from now on are: Cholesteral Tea Tree Conditioner, Honey, Mayonnaise, Olive Oil, Shea Butter & Jojoba Oil. I'm trying to get into a regimen because really we only need a really good shampoo, deep conditioning treatment or hotoil, water, leave in conditioner & shea butter, oils & a cream.

But I made a vow to myself to use up ALL of those products that I have sitting on my dresser at home whether it's good or not so good!!! But I do want to try the Terressentials Mud Wash because it detoxes the hair & gets all of the bad stuff out.
  • Mommy2Avaj
    Mommy2Avaj Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I used to be like that. Now I wait for sales, and stick with what works. I have found that every couple of months, I have to change products because it starts not working as well. I switch back and forth between Garnier Nuctrisse and Aussie. They soften and keep my hair shiny and healthy looking.
  • Curvimami
    Options
    I always hear how ppl say after a few months the product doesnt work as well. That hasnt happened to me yet. I would hate it if my WEN stopped working, it has brought my hair back to life. What would I use!!!??? lol. I would be so lost
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I used to go back and forth. I was that product junkie who gave stuff away constantly!!!

Now I stick with Shea Moisture products, and I really like Suave Rosemary and Mint shampoo (I add more peppermint oil to it to get some more tingly sensation going on). I use VO5 conditioners, I like the pomegranate and the mango scents.

Since I've gotten away from using a SLS shampoo every day, and I've been using much heavier moisturizers, I've found that I don't need a lot of products. I don't need shine enhancers, because it's already shiny. I don't need smoothers, because I can just put a bit more moisturizer in it. Part of the journey has been learning to accept the hair I have, and not try to make it do something it doesn't want to do. We get along much better these days. ;-)
  • Curvimami
    Options
    I used to go back and forth. I was that product junkie who gave stuff away constantly!!!

Now I stick with Shea Moisture products, and I really like Suave Rosemary and Mint shampoo (I add more peppermint oil to it to get some more tingly sensation going on). I use VO5 conditioners, I like the pomegranate and the mango scents.

Since I've gotten away from using a SLS shampoo every day, and I've been using much heavier moisturizers, I've found that I don't need a lot of products. I don't need shine enhancers, because it's already shiny. I don't need smoothers, because I can just put a bit more moisturizer in it. Part of the journey has been learning to accept the hair I have, and not try to make it do something it doesn't want to do. We get along much better these days. ;-)

I love it!!!! sounds like you're in love with your hair. It sounds so beautiful :happy:
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I learned that I was spending way too much money on stuff I did not need. Thank goodness for places like Walgreens and Walmart that will accept returns even if you use a little bit. So if you don't like it, don't let it sit there and add to your collection... save the receipt and return it lol. Also, WAIT FOR SALES AND USE COUPONS. The thing I've spent the most money on happened to be heat protectors. I tried:

VO5 Red Miracle, and it made my hair feel very weird but it smelled nice
    Organic Root Simulator Olive Oil Heat Protection Serum, and it was too greasy for my liking and I felt like I was frying my hair
    got2b Crazysleek Flat Iron & Blow Dry Lotion, and it was alright but the results didn't last for more than a couple of hours

So I've finally settled on

got2b Guardian Angel Flat Iron Balm with Gloss Finish... doesn't smell amazing but it gives me the light results that I like and it lasts for more than a couple of hours
    That stuff is a-maz-balls! I used it when I straighten out my mom's 3c hair but it lasts weeks. Blow hair out straight first then take small sections and flat iron it and wrap it at night.