Whats the longest you have binged?

Options
GettinMyLifeBck
GettinMyLifeBck Posts: 201 Member
My last binge lasted almost 2 weeks!! I am still trying to figure out what started it and also what made me stop!! I think I need a counselor or something I might be going crazy... Like I am self sabotaging on purpose but I really want to succeed or do I?

Replies

• priorm123
    priorm123 Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi, I have had consecutive binges over periods of one - two weeks, but I don't think it can really be classed as one long 'binge' as there are breaks in between for sleep etc. I think the reason behind consecutive binge days is that it always seems hardest not to binge the day after a binge, so it takes more willpower to break the cycle. I have recently sought help for my depression and social anxiety which I think is causing my bingeing, but I am also starting a self-help program, which has had proven results in clinical studies. You may find it helpful to read the book (and self-help guide) 'Overcoming Binge Eating' by Dr Christopher G Fairburn. As I said, I am only just starting it myself so can't comment on whether or not it works myself, but it has worked for many people, so I figure it's worth a try.
    Hope that helps.
  • wingednotes
    wingednotes Posts: 279
    Options
    This site and the people on it are very supportive - we are helping each other to be strong and find ways to overcome binge eating disorder. But talking to a counselor is a great idea if you can afford one.
    I generally have stopped my binges after 3 or 4 days.
  • TurnLeftNow
    TurnLeftNow Posts: 171
    Options
    It has been going on for a couple months now and I really don't know how to stop it.
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Maybe a day or a couple days at most and then I get sick of it and feel disgusting and gain control again...for how long I stay in control, I never know...that's a whole different story.

Edited to add: My pattern is generally a few days of eating well and then I get into binge mode...usually for one day but sometimes two...then I have a few more days of eating well...then binge mode, you get the idea. It's a cycle of diet/binge/diet/binge and it goes on and on...I really need to get out of the diet mentality, which has been VERY difficult for me. After 25 years of dieting and eating disorders, I've found it very hard to change. But I'm not giving up hope. :smile:
  • GettinMyLifeBck
    GettinMyLifeBck Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    @Geeky I know what you mean. My binge days use to be that close but since Ive been on this journey Ive been able to stretch it out and go months at a time with a clean diet. This is also why I think the binge days have slowly added up.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    probably about 3 consecutive days was my worst one. most of the time i have at least 2 days in a row for some reason . i'm not sure why most times i can't stop with 1 binge day. maybe once it gets started it gets out of control. i'm not sure.
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, MJ...sometimes that day after is tough and I think, for me, it's because of the sugar withdrawal. But a lot of the time I feel so gross after one day that I get back on track the day after....but who knows for how long!
  • jessicaaa456
    jessicaaa456 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    today is the day after a big binge. i travel a lot and i find airports/train stations hard to deal with, i always buy food to snack on on the plane or train. this is usually packets of biscuits plus muffins and cookies.

so yesterday i got home after eating 5000 calories at least worth of junk. but now i'm depressed and i just want to eat more.
    kind of wanting to binge forever and right now my mind has no intention of trying to stop what im doing. i WANT to binge.

i'll regret this. i still look at myself in the mirror everyday and hate what i see
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    today is the day after a big binge. i travel a lot and i find airports/train stations hard to deal with, i always buy food to snack on on the plane or train. this is usually packets of biscuits plus muffins and cookies.

so yesterday i got home after eating 5000 calories at least worth of junk. but now i'm depressed and i just want to eat more.
    kind of wanting to binge forever and right now my mind has no intention of trying to stop what im doing. i WANT to binge.

i'll regret this. i still look at myself in the mirror everyday and hate what i see

I hate the feeling the day after a big binge. I always feel so bad and blaoted. It usually takes me a good 4 days to feel better. The hardest part is when you want to eat really well but you feel so bloated and gross that it makes you think you should just go ahead and eat poorly. at least that's where i am right after a binge. the nice thing is once i get about 4-5 days away from a binge, my body starts to feel better, i get less bloated and i start to resemble what i looked like before. i think the hard thing is that your body reacts from a binge so you look awful right after it for a few days and it's those few days that are the hardest for (we'll call it relapsing but really i mean consecutive day binges)... so yeah, i feel what you're saying here. very rough stuff. i totally understand where you're coming from because Monday was a pretty bad one for me.