I am a whoosher...

Options
When I first began eating more, just over three weeks ago, I immediately lost about five pounds. From that point (with the addition of NROLFW and less cardio) I have remained the exact same weight within 0.2 lbs for the last two weeks. Today, I hopped on the scale and had lost 5 lbs, seemingly overnight. I should clarify that my body is also definitely gaining definition and shrinking, so I was not really too concerned about the scale not moving for the past two weeks, but of course it was a nice surprise this morning. I was giddy all the way to work. Lol. Anyhow, I think this is what is referred to as the whoosh? So all in all, in about 23 days, I've "lost" ten lbs, eating my 15% cut of 1883/day. I do go over some days too, but have been keeping my macros pretty well balanced. I expect to fluctuate a bit due to the huge drop at once, but I'm so happy with how my body is responding.

BTW, because I know these questions may be asked:

I didn't do a reset because I was only at 1200/day for about three weeks. Before that, I'm sure I was well over my TDEE daily. I didn't work out much before six weeks ago. Now, I do NROLFW three days/week, 15-20 minutes of 1:1 intervals on the arc trainer 3-4 days per week. And an occasional walk here or there.

I'm 5'5", 187 lbs (now), and use the fat2fit goal (140 lb) TDEE to determine my cut value.

This likely gives me a lower number than I would get using Scooby or others, but I figured I'd start here and increase periodically if needed. Like I said, so far, I'm loving the results!

Replies

• Saelina
    Saelina Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    wow, what an excellent thing to wake up to :) congrats!
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Awesome. I know that was a great feeling. Hurray!
  • heidi5k
    heidi5k Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! My stats are in the same neighborhood as yours... gives me hope! :)
  • DianeinCA
    DianeinCA Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is great. And yes, you can definitely get visits from the Swoosh Fairy from time to time. :)
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! That's awesome!! What a nice surprise to wake up to!
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Nice whooshing!!!
  • KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Might the "whoosh" continue!! :wink:
    I wont mind it either! hehe.
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options