Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

For you HR monitors out there, how many????

rainbos
rainbos Posts: 75 Member
For those of you who have used HR monitors during workouts, how many calories do you tend to burn in a typical CF workout? Don't worry about being exact, I just want a feel for the range....

MFP has weekly and monthly reports on that, and you can see what the range/variation is, and the generally the average.

I'm very curious!

Thanks.

Replies

• crashri
    crashri Posts: 19 Member
    I just started cross-fit, but have been using HR monitors for a long time (former runner and swimmer). Typically around 700 Calories, but I know I am not representing the strength portion accurately.

Today we did a Helen and it was 706.
  • aggiesrar05
    aggiesrar05 Posts: 335 Member
    Typically between 400-600 depending on what we are doing and how long it is. I usually start my HR monitor at the warmup, and keep it going through the strength and WOD.
  • DarkAngellEyes
    DarkAngellEyes Posts: 317 Member
    I think it really depends on your current stats (because the burns will be different for everyone) and what the WOD consists of.

Typically from Warmup through WOD I will burn around 400ish. If theres more running involved it might be more, if theres more strength and lifts it might be less.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    I use a basic HRM and just get my avg HR for a specific duration and then plug it into this website: http://www.shapesense.com/fitness-exercise/calculators/heart-rate-based-calorie-burn-calculator.aspx

I seem to burn from warm up to end of WOD pretty similar to everyone else, in that 400 to 600 range.
  • rainbos
    rainbos Posts: 75 Member
    WOW, thats much higher than I thought. I just enter "aerobic exercise" in MFP, for my crossfit workouts, and it estimates much lower.
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    typically between 400 and 700, it's been as high as 900 a few times. On average though about 600.
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    woops! just posted this in another topic....

i never have high burns... im 5'4 132 lbs and i range from 300-500