W3D2 in the books!

Options
buckeyegirl0103
buckeyegirl0103 Posts: 194 Member
Well, I did W3D2 - my run felt more "comfortable" but it was a little harder- if that makes sense.....I was able to add an extra 90 sec run during the cool down which made me happy and according to the Nike+GPS- I finally have it under a 15 min mile- which is HUGE for me!! I feel like I am just shuffling, but I must be doing something right if my times keep improving! :happy:

Replies

• MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    Congrats!

It makes a lot of sense :-) Sometimes the second or third run in the week can be harder - it all depends on how your body feels.

I'm on W3D1. I'm telling you, that last minute in that last 3 minute run - whew - it's a killer :-)

Nice job and keep it up! It'll get easier.
  • Drastiic
    Drastiic Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Well, I did W3D2 - my run felt more "comfortable" but it was a little harder- if that makes sense....

Congrats! I actually posted about D2 feeling harder in my status on Wednesday. IMO I always find D2 more difficult, because you've experienced it once already, but the time feels longer.

I did W3D3 today and it was much easier.
  • MissAmyB80
    MissAmyB80 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Is your pace under 15 min for your whole time - your walks and run combined. Or just your running times?? I'm working really hard at my run pace being a 13 min mile. But I'm not hitting it. My overall pace when I am out turns out to be about 16.5 min/mile. Which is pretty slow. :(

Trying not to obsess!!
  • buckeyegirl0103
    Options
    Its for the overall time....I'm not overly concerned...it just feels good to be going down in time each time for a mile! I am SURE that will go WAY up the more running I do, I'll get tired and not go as fast...but we shall see. This morning it was 14 min 59 sec....Still under 15! Wednesday it was 15 min 19 sec.
  • MissAmyB80
    MissAmyB80 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Oh...I think that's awesome......Even if you did 3 miles right now...you'd be right at 45 min. A hair more for a 5K - since it's technically 3.1 miles. I "ran" my whole first 5K last fall in 44 min. So I'd say your pace is awesome!!! :):)
  • buckeyegirl0103
    Options
    Lets just see if I can keep it up!
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Great job! I need to track my distance sometime. I always forget. Maybe Monday when I do day 3. Some reason yesterday was hard on my back. But I went off trail and ran so it probably used different muscles, I need to remember to mixup on the trail and off to make my body work harder!