Friday 15th - how was your day?

Options
KateL1969
KateL1969 Posts: 98 Member
It's Friday morning 7.15am and I'm having my morning cup of tea, feeling confident as I know I have to report back to you later. I think most of you are in the US and dont know if you are a few hours in front of me or a few hours behind. Either way, good luck. In the mean time, what strategies do you have to stop yourself eating all those naughy things? If we share our ideas it might make us stronger....

Kate - in sunny England but with hail forecasted(!)

Replies

• milfordmom
    Options
    I am from outside of Boston, so I believe 6 hours behind you. Or so it goes with my friend in Sweden.

Today is going so far and planning helps me make better choices. For me, it helps seeing the numbers of calories reduce. That way, I can decide if what I am eating (thinking about) is worth the "cost". I am also trying to focus on at least 3 days of exercise. If i go higher, and don't do it, I am very hard on myself. 3 is reasonable for me most weeks.

Good luck to all!!!

Forecast here, sunny and 70s. Tomorrow camping with my boys so planning some extra hiking. :)
  • KateL1969
    KateL1969 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi MilfordMom/group

Hope your hike/camping goes well. Guess if your in the middle of nowhere you cant get to the sweet shop! Its a good plan!

Wish I had an iphone so I could see the calories reduce as they day goes on. I have to wait till the evening. Its friday - the one day a week I allow myself chocolate. It was all going so well until this evening "forgive me group for I have sinned" when I had some Maltesers (40 to be exact - I know!) and a large Baileys. 700 calories over my target I'm ashamed to report. I didnt just fall off the wagon, I backflipped. Its probably going to take me a week to neutralise them.

I've got taekwondo tomorrow so that should burn a few calories. Hope you had a better day than I did. Note to self. Dont have any chocolate because if you have one, you wont stop.
  • milfordmom
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up too much. We all have days "over the limit". If we are too hard on ourselves we often just give up. Hope you didn't. :)
    I have started swimming more with my boys when we can, we go to a lake in NH most weekends. Tonight I am going to Bikram yoga. I actually will be making it to 2 classes this week. YAY me!

Hope you are doing well!