Online dating disasters!

Options
2»

Replies

• kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Never answer the sex questions no matter if you are openminded..as soon as they ask that's the clue..all they want is booty call. And sadly that is most of the guys on POF from my experience. I could list too many crappy online dating experiences to count. From men who brought their own coffee to a cheap coffee shop because they couldn't afford it (3 kids with 3 different mothers all the same age????) anyway I can't handle online dating any more it just depresses me. I'm just trying to keep busy with the activities I love and hope something will come from that some day.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    First, welcome to the group!!

One doozy of a date I had we met for coffee. I instantly knew who he was when I went in to Starbucks because he was the only one even sitting down, that was towering over people (he's 6'8).

Sat down started to talk, and I instantly knew there was no connection, but was pleasant enough to chat with. He proceeded to tell me I haven't lived because I do not like escargot, or rocky mountain oysters. I am sorry but I am cool with what I do eat. Then he was telling me he bought his ex a 4 carat diamond ring. The next day she packed her crap and moved out - took everything including the ring. (he even told me how much he spent on the ring - dude really??)

He proceeded to tell me I should go to church with him and maybe I will be "saved". Oh yeah this date has to end NOW! So I said politely it has been a pleasure meeting you, but I really must go. I have to get up early (which I do so I was not lying). He was planning on taking me to all these places for dinner etc. I once again politely said I need to go, and it has been a great pleasure meeting you, but to be honest I just do not feel any chemistry between us. He then proceeded to again tell me placed he wanted to take me to dinner, etc. At that point I stopped being polite, I just left.

Quick Question: How can you tell when there's a "Connection" the first date or right when you sit down and start talking. Is it the body language? Conversation? Attraction? All of the above? I never understood.

first there was no physical attraction, and well the conversation sealed that deal, and well to be honest he didnt even offer to buy me coffee, so manners is a big thing with me too
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I got a few messages from this one guy, and I hadn't been on to check them. He took this as me ignoring him, and when I signed on, there were the first few and a really nice new one..
    He pretty much told me to "Go get ****ed in the *kitten* behind Starbucks by one of your gym bros"

He ended it by calling me a "Goo Goo Dolls *****" and told me to meet him in a nearby park for a "grudge ****."

Another great one was the guy who sent me a really long message about how small his junk was. He told me if I wanted, he would send me a photo and I could let him know what I thought.

No, thanks.

"Go get ****ed in the *kitten* behind Starbucks by one of your gym bros"

Do your "gym bros" typically hangout behind Starbucks?? Mine prefer Ice cream shops to coffee.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I got groped twice this week. Both first dates. Both met on OKCupid. I actually asked the second one where he got off thinking that's okay? His response, "Your answers to the sex questions".

Wait, so because I answered some questions about my sexual preferences and am somewhat openminded when it comes to sex and sexuality you ASSUME that I'm easy? WTMotherEffingEff?!?!?

I'm tempted to go back under the rock of insecurity and hamstrung ego I've been living under for the past year. At least I wasn't getting molested by practically strangers.

That really sucks!! A lot of those questions are phrased "if you're in a committed relationship would you..." so of course answering them honestly to what you would do then as opposed to a first date would be different!
  • rosie5656
    rosie5656 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have given up on online dating. Too many horrible stories, and I always ask myself if I would be happier with the person, or alone, and I always end up saying alone.

I also am giving up with online and just going to stick to activities that I like and hopefully will meet someone through that. I've tried paid sites (Match for a bit, then eHarmony) and free (POF) and get equally bad results with all of them.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    Not sure I've had any disasters. I've had several that were disappointments where the girl was not what she represented. I had one who said she was trying to quit smoking. She went outside every 10 minutes for another cigarette. Another one looked skinny in her photos and listed her body type as petite. She was about 5'1 and 200 lbs. We went for a walk around the park, about 2 miles. She was hunched over and wheezing after about a half mile. I think it took us an hour to walk the 2 miles. She also told me she wasn't worried about her finances because a psychic told her she'd be okay for money.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    From men who brought their own coffee to a cheap coffee shop because they couldn't afford it (3 kids with 3 different mothers all the same age????)

Sounds like that guy was too broke to afford condoms that year too :noway:
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I got groped twice this week. Both first dates. Both met on OKCupid. I actually asked the second one where he got off thinking that's okay? His response, "Your answers to the sex questions".

Wait, so because I answered some questions about my sexual preferences and am somewhat openminded when it comes to sex and sexuality you ASSUME that I'm easy? WTMotherEffingEff?!?!?

I'm tempted to go back under the rock of insecurity and hamstrung ego I've been living under for the past year. At least I wasn't getting molested by practically strangers.

I answered the sex quesitons and I never got groped...i got ripped off damn you free dating site...
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Not sure I've had any disasters. I've had several that were disappointments where the girl was not what she represented. I had one who said she was trying to quit smoking. She went outside every 10 minutes for another cigarette. Another one looked skinny in her photos and listed her body type as petite. She was about 5'1 and 200 lbs. We went for a walk around the park, about 2 miles. She was hunched over and wheezing after about a half mile. I think it took us an hour to walk the 2 miles. She also told me she wasn't worried about her finances because a psychic told her she'd be okay for money.

Wowzer!! That's so tragic, its funny :laugh:

I think you win with that little disaster!! :noway:
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I will not tell. No one would believe me if I did. But my god, online dating can screw up your life!

Just don't do it!
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I CONSTANTLY get guys talking about sex to me. What is it that attracts these guys to me? Even when I tell them I'm uncomfortable they still want to talk about *kitten* and what type of sex we'd have.

I haven't met anyone (it's scary!) but the guys who want to jump straight into a relationship are creepy. Like the guy who wanted me to come over and watch movies and cuddle on the couch. WTF? That's committed relationship time.

I had one guy message me with 'you're not average' When I queried him, was told that I wasn't average weight and was fat. (his words) As I pointed out to him, I had myself as 'a few extra pounds' and he clearly needs to read.

the ones who badger you to meet them straight away get deleted pretty quickly.

Another guy with the name NiceGuy (tm) sent me a long rambling message about how he was SUCH a nice guy and knew how to treat women right, and would I be the one to take a chance. And some twaddle about women don't want genuine guys. I actually laughed as I thought it was a joke, because it was such a cliche. Nice Guys TM annoy the hell out of me.

The guys who message me who have 'don't want children' on the profile. Not only do I have it set to 'want' but I state in my profile it's a dealbreaker for me. Nice way to show you haven't read my profile.