Introduce Yourself

Options
2»

Replies

• Lindac672411
    Options
    Welcome RJ54 and IslandJade:

You will do well with the low carb, just keep blogging and letting us know how you are doing. RJ, I am up there with you so we are "young." Age is nothing but a number (smile).

Anyway, IslandJade, have you read the book? If not, please purchase as it has information to lengthy for me to log. But to get yourself started, read the Atkins Rules.

Remember, one day at a time and one meal at a time.

Linda
  • 1prdmommy
    1prdmommy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kelly from TX and this is my first try on the Atkins diet. My husband started this two weeks ago and I'm already seeing changes not only in his weight loss but in his attitude as well. I've tried counting calories but I get side tracked so easy. Very excited about this journey and hoping that I can stay focused.
  • Pamela777
    Pamela777 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi Kelly! I hope u find Atkins easy. I think it's more staying focused and food planning. Hope it works for u - it's my 6th day and lost 2.4 so far. It's cool ur hubby is doing it 2 - maybe will b easier for u as far as meals and support. U can add me if u need a friend. But in any case good luck to u! :smile:
  • saramerrigan
    saramerrigan Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome Kelly! You are indeed lucky to have your husband doing this with you. I look forward to hearing about your successes :flowerforyou:
  • thinbythirtynine
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I'm Katrina and today marks four weeks that I've been on Atkins. I've lost 18 pounds so far and just discovered MFP about a week ago. This is my second go-round with living low carb. I lost almost 50 pounds with Atkins 10 years ago and it was so easy...until I decided that a life without potatoes and bread wasn't for me. So here I am...ten years older and 50 pounds heavier than when I started my low carb journey ten years ago. I'm happy to say that I'm over bread, potatoes and the sweets that have been so bad for my health.

I look forward to getting to know everyone as we get healthy together.
  • Pamela777
    Pamela777 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Wow you've done awesome! I have only done it for a week now and pounds r falling off - feels soooo good! When I hear people who did Atkins then fall away n come back tells me it works n it's something I need to stick with. so glad ur here!
  • saramerrigan
    saramerrigan Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    18lbs in 4 weeks? That's brilliant :)

Welcome to the group Katrina :flowerforyou:
  • builtforlife
    Options
    Hi Im just starting to learn about low carb diets. Anyone wanna add me feel free to do so. Anyone wanna educate me feel free to do so in a private message.
  • blkericia
    blkericia Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    hello new friends! my name is ericia i was on low carb 2 years ago, i lost 30lbs but i went back to old eating due to stress, this is the only diet/ lifestyle i can really see myself doing forever, i am back to this, its a plan i made but i don't know if its really the Atkins diet. but i am doing 30net carbs a day for a week and up them week by week till i get to a good carb level that i can stick with, i know when i do 20 or less my energy is so low, do any of you get this when you drop to that ? and what do you do?
    ok hope you all have a wonderful stress free day!
  • pecantan53
    pecantan53 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi guys....I'm Malinda and I've been using MFP & following Atkins since April (although I joined MFP in Jan). I'm 37, happily married for 12 years and I have a wonderful 2 1/2 yr old "doggie-baby" named Teddy.

I reached my heaviest weight at the end of 2011 (265 lbs) and that's when I decided that I've had enough! I started my "low-carb lifestyle (Atkins)" April 1st at 263 lbs and I now weigh 236. I still have a long way to go but I'm proud of the accomplishments I've made so far.

I'm finally at a place in my life where I feel like it's all or nothing. I've realized that losing weight is not the ultimate goal (although it is the driving point) but learning to live a healthy & happy life and learning to think differently about food and exercising is the key! I'm soooo excited about my life right now and the achievements that I've made so far and those I will make as I continue this journey. I know some people don't agree with the low-carb lifestyle but I think it all depends on what works for you. I've done my research and I know what works for me (forgot to mention I have PCOS too). I'm continuously learning as much as I can so I can be successful, once and for all! I can say that the new Atkins diet appears to be much more healthier than the one years ago so the naysayers can say what they want...I'm getting my sexy back!

I believe in keeping things fun and challenging myself...so far, what I've been doing seems to be working pretty well but I think I could use some extra motivation, support and friends to continue this journey with. We CAN do this....we WILL do this!
  • happyagain80
    happyagain80 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I will be restarting this way of life this week. I was on Atkins in 2003 after being newly married and lost 100 lbs! ( pic of me in the forklift harness). 9 years, and 3 kids later, i have gained all of the weight back plus more! I have fell back into my bad eating habits, which is mostly meat and carbs of course. I have been on every diet imaginable and eating low carb has been the only one that has worked for me. I wish you all the best in your journies.
  • Giggles40
    Giggles40 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I’m on a low carb diet but I also limit my fat intake so I tend to eat low calories as well. I eat lean meat, green veggies, nuts (almonds & peanuts) and most of my carbs come from fruits & veggies.

I don’t eat eggs or fish since they don’t agree with me, it’s not an allergy to them but more like I can’t digest them.

I love to cook and try new recipes.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Giggles :happy:
  • savedchild8
    savedchild8 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hello fabulous people!

First, I want to say thanks for the invite!

I started counting carbs in 1999 when I was released from the hospital with over 18 different medications.
    It was quite challenging because two of the medications were steroids, and raised my blood sugars considerably!!!
    This was devasting, because the high blood sugars caused temporary blindness, and a whole lot of other health challenges!!
    Never before was there a "Diabetic" challenge, but medications forced me to follow this lifestyle.

Today, I'm no longer on any medications, but I still practice low carb eating to control glucose levels.

I was able to get to know my body, test natural alternatives to medications, and successfully live past a doctor's gloomy diagnose!!

I'M ALIVE!! THIS YEAR.....WILL BE EXACTLY 25 YEARS LONGER THAN A DOCTOR'S PREDICTION!!

I may not be at the weight I want to be......but I'm ALIVE....taking NO MEDS....and serving overseas encouraging others!!

HIGH FIVE!!! :flowerforyou:
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm Julia and I am following a low-carb lifestyle. I just started doing low carbs Monday but so far I am loving it. I stay fuller for longer periods of time and I do feel my energy starting to rise.
  • Amber0ni
    Amber0ni Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi there, my name is Amber and I just started a low carb diet. So far I've been keeping my carbs under 100g a day, but my calories have also been pretty low (my goal is 1400 but I usually can only do 1300 without going over my carbs). The weight has been falling off! I haven't gone as far as cut carbs down to 20g like Atkins suggests for the first two weeks, but keeping carbs around 80-100g seems to be working just fine.

This article is what inspired me to start:
    http://health.usnews.com/health-news/news/articles/2012/06/26/certain-diets-may-help-body-burn-more-calories-study
  • spimento29
    spimento29 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

My name is Sonia and I am on day 1 of low carb eating. I have struggled with my weight my entire life and now that my husband and I want to have a baby I really need to get serious and shed this extra weight and live a healthier life style. Things that have helped me in the passed was accountability, and finding foods that I liked that will not leave me hungry and wanting to eat bad food. My doctor recommended I do the low carb eating and to have 1 cheat day a week to reward myself for the very strict no carb, no sugars all week and I have to report my weight to him each week which really helps me.

Wish me luck and I'm glad to be on this weight loss journey with all of you.

Sonia