what about people new to dieting?

Options
degan2011
degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
What about people like my sister, I am trying to get her on the bandwagon...

She weighs 305 abouts and hasn't been dieting or deficit eating in over a year at least. Would you reccommend eating at 15% cut right away? That would be my thought.

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Hello,

For her, since she has been eating at and most likely over her TDEE, I would have her start right at the cut! :)

Mike
  • degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Thanks! That's what I thought.
  • watergirl626
    watergirl626 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Agreed. That is basically what I did, was overeating previously, and started MFP set at 1 lb/week, ate back all my exercise, and then upped my calories from there (this was prior to groups on here, so I didn't know the EM2WL philosophy, but it is what I did by instinct).
  • each_day_stronger
    each_day_stronger Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    It's basically what I did too. So far I haven't lost any weight (but I also haven't weighed myself in 3 weeks, something I'm actually proud of). I would totally recommend adding in exercise though! I just started adding in real exercise to my life 3 days ago and I think that is really what is going to change me. I wasn't eating all so horribly before, although I'm trying to fix my macros a bit but working out was something pretty much foreign to me. I'm only 3 days into it but so far, I already feel better and healthier whether or not the scales show it.