Post Your 5K

Options
secretlobster
secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
I thought we ought to have a thread where we post our upcoming 5Ks (or results of our 5K) so that we can support one another! After all, the goal of C25K is to be able to run a 5K right??

I've got one on June 23rd in Fairfield CT (like a mile from my house!) and then I'm doing Run For Your Lives (zombies and obstacles) on October 27th. I may find one in between. Really nervous about the one next month though! I'm pretty sure I can run it, I just don't want to come in last... Haha

Replies

• Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I signed up for one on July 28...which is RIGHT at the tail end of the 9 weeks of c25k. So...hoping I'll be able to run at least most of it! It's the Green Bay Packer/Bellin Health 5K. It's run at 6:30 at night, so my friend and I figured we'd run it and then make our husbands take us out for drinks afterwards! :)
  • ell_jay
    ell_jay Posts: 68
    Options
    I started C25K last week and I've signed up to a 5K on the 7th July for The Royal British Legion, I'll be on my 7th week of the programme so I'm hoping I'll be able to run all of it! (: It's a fun run, not a race, just to get me started (: My boyfriend, cousin and a few friends are doing it with me so I'm grateful for the support :D

I'm very excited! I'm hoping to do another in September when I go back to Plymouth to University (:
  • secretlobster
    Options
    You two are gonna do great! A fun run sounds like a really nice way to break into a 5k :) no pressure!
  • danner13
    danner13 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I signed up to the Color Run 5k on August 5th. I'll have just finished C25K the week before the run and I thought it would be a good idea to start out with a fun 5k! It looks like a great time and it has been an awesome motivator :) Can't wait!
  • secretlobster
    Options
    Oooh I had a couple friends do Color Me Rad last weekend and it looked like so much fun... I wish I had done it!! Good luck, I think the timing is perfect!
  • LadyW1nger
    LadyW1nger Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have my very first 5k on Sunday morning! I can't wait to have an official race under my belt!
  • Candoall
    Candoall Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    New to this group.

Registered for first run (ever)... Sept 15th.

Beginning C25K program on Monday :)
  • lkarinal
    lkarinal Posts: 107
    Options
    :smooched: Run the JP Corporate Challenge yesterday in NYC, 5k race in 41 min. Not bad for my first race
  • piper4596
    piper4596 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I ran my first 5K yesterday. Had finished C25K just last week. Time was 42:45. I already signed up for my second which will be July 31. Have 7 weeks to work on my form and time and hopefully won't have to huff and puff up the hills so much.
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I was ambitious and ran my first 5k in april before finishing the program. I did really well though, and came in @34:28.1354th out of 2534!

I have a couple next month that I want to run, but the humidity is killing me right now, so its still tentative. I also have a mud run and a color run later this year, when it cools off. Im SO EXCITED about the mud run!!!
  • Dottiesweet
    Dottiesweet Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Dolphin Dash on July 29th, in Los Angeles. It is one week after I finish the program. Hopefully, I will be able to run the whole race. I am already looking for a 10k race to keep me motivated :wink: .
  • shoegal517
    shoegal517 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    love this! Had my first 5k this morning....the longest I'd run prior was 27 minutes and I ran the entire thing today! 39:21...my goal was to run without stopping and I'd hoped to do it under 40 minutes. So high right now! :)
  • nikki_dw
    nikki_dw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second week of C25K and I'll be running my first 5K Labor Day weekend. :smile:
  • TennisQtpye
    TennisQtpye Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my first 5K on Nov 3! The Color Run! Excited!
  • TennisQtpye
    TennisQtpye Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    It's in San Diego!!!
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    love this! Had my first 5k this morning....the longest I'd run prior was 27 minutes and I ran the entire thing today! 39:21...my goal was to run without stopping and I'd hoped to do it under 40 minutes. So high right now! :)
    Yea you!
  • aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I've signed up for a 5k run/walk on July 4th. I am looking forward to it!

I chose this one because I won't be done with C25k yet, and this is a run/WALK, so I can walk as much of it as I need to and not feel bad about it! :laugh:
  • brasskim
    brasskim Posts: 39
    Options
    Ran my first 5k on 6/18, 3 days after finishing C25k, and ran it in 36 minutes, 40 seconds. Little bit quicker than what I was doing at home because of no hills. I need to sign up for another to keep me motivated.
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Great job Kim!! I'm looking for one to sign up after I finish mine but that's waaaaaayyy out in Aug lol.
  • Char_marcus
    Char_marcus Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have a 5K race on 22nd July the 'Race for life' in aid of cancer research uk :happy: at the moment i can do it in about 38 mins but hoping to improve on that i am on week 8 at the moment