HA! I knew it!!

Options
vatblack
vatblack Posts: 221 Member
I have been eating at 2500 since the 11th of June. It didn't feel natural and I struggled to meet my macros correct and so on. Some days were easy to do it, like today where I *think* I went a bit over - a restaurant meal is hard to track, but most days it felt forced and strange.

Today I saw a few posts of other members and their calories and I thought: How strange, it is so much lower than mine. I saw a new member and all the advice she got made me go back to Scooby and recheck my numbers. I rechecked because she is about my height and about my weight and about my age, but her numbers came in way lower than mine. So, that seemed fishy.

My numbers were WRONG! I have been eating at 200 calories a day too many! I must have made an error in Scooby or I must have transferred the numbers from another calculator I consulted (I consulted several).

From tomorrow on I'm going to eat at 2300.

Anyway, I would LOVE if someone would double check for me today. I don't want to have it wrong again. I really just want to get the right number and stick to it. I have been on MFP for over 20 days now and I keep changing my goals trying to fidn the right fit. I really just need to get it and stick to it for 6 weeks and then change it again. I will only weigh myself every 6 weeks or so too because the numbers on the scale drive my batty.

Female
197.5lbs
68.1 inches
40 years old
1 - 3 hours light activity (might bring that up to the next one in 6 weeks if I can prove to myself that I do more than I do now)
20% cut

TIA

Replies

• polza1888
    polza1888 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I had a quick look for you and I worked out:

BMR 1620
    TDEE 2228
    The Daily cals you need to eat is: 1782, that's based on you having the 20% reduction :)

That's using scooby http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator
  • TheChangingMan
    TheChangingMan Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I had a quick look for you and I worked out:

BMR 1620
    TDEE 2228
    The Daily cals you need to eat is: 1782, that's based on you having the 20% reduction :)

That's using scooby http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator

Seconded.

Or 1894 daily calories if you're at 15% reduction.
  • vatblack
    Options
    Oh no! Thanks for the responses guys but I made a wishful typo when I put my weight in.... I weigh two hundred and.... not one hundred and .... 297.5

I wish I could edit the OP!

Dammit!
  • jlshaw77
    jlshaw77 Posts: 23
    Options
    I get daily calories w/ 20% cut of 2281 / 15% cut = 2474
    BMR 2074
    TDEE 2851

so the 2500 is about at 15% cut for you ... so maybe not so much of an error :)
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Also, you do want to try to stick to the 15% cut....we don't usually recommend 20% around here.
  • polza1888
    polza1888 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Everyone seems to be coming up with different stats

Based on your 15% reduction, it comes out 2424. 20% is 2281 and this is based on the accurate scooby calculator using

Female
    297.5lbs
    68.1 inches
    40 years old

Using http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Yes yes 15%
  • vatblack
    Options
    Hi again, thank you all so much. This is what I have gotten:

Maintenance/(TDEE): 2854
    Daily Goal: 2283 (at 20% cut)
    BMR: 2076

I have used the one that does not want you to choose a research model, so that might account for the few points in difference.

I hear you all loud and clear about the 15% and not 20%. From the admittedly little I have read so far, it appears that I can safely lose up to 2lbs a week because I have more than 75lbs to lose. So, I have decided to stay at 20% until I have only 75lbs left to lose, then I'll slow it down to 15%. (I noticed my deficit isn't even 500 calories a day on that - which means I won't even be losing a lb a week, whereas at my weight I can safely lose as much as 2lbs a week.) ETA - never mind that last statement, that is according to MFPs readings on my page... in reality I see it is more than 500!

Also, I set my calories at 2300 - I rounded it off for the sake of ease, so I have reduced the deficit even more. I do not exercise very heavily yet, so at this time, I don't lose that much to exercise anyway.

I am looking at 4 years before I reach my goal at this 20%, then 15% rate, so I hardly think setting it at 20% is doing it fast.

However, if there are issues beyond the speed at which I will lose the weight that I'm not aware of please let me know. I really don't think I'm selling myself short here on food per day.

Anyway, my first evaluation is in 6 weeks. I will see then if I need to adjust or not. The results I get will dictate whether I will stay at 20% or change to 15%. I really don't want to lose to fast again and gain it all back. Been there too many times. (Though in a perfect world... he-he).